Thread: unable to recognize music location from SD card in Toshiba Thrive tablet

unable to recognize music location from SD card in Toshiba Thrive tablet

I got my Toshiba thrive from last week only with 32GB SD card, as I have inserted the card and stored all the music and the videos files in that only but the default player such as Win Amp doesn’t recognize the music files from the SD card and Power Amp on the other hand identifies that the files are there, but unable to show up on the folder list. I am not getting what could be the reason any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: unable to recognize music location from SD card in Toshiba Thrive tablet

I think you haven’t put the files in other location completely different from the one where you suppose to put and thus it is not recognizing the songs from or any media files from the SDcard, so just make a separate folder and move all the files over there and then try to access it through the player.

I am agreeing with the above user as mapping the microSD card is completely different task in each and every devices. But still when I was having this problem so I came to know that there were some problem with the player itself , thus I would like to recommend you that as well like you should try to use another player or just install another copy of the win amp in your tablet. And if suppose you are still having the same problem then you should try to use another player as well. And if you are sure that you have stored all the files in perfect location then it might be possible that there is some problem in the SDcard itself, you should try to access the songs after formatting the card.

In my case both the Android music player as well as Toshiba media player also recognize the music on my SD card, I think you should try unmounting and remounting the SD card in the tablet again, and If suppose you are still having the same problem again with the device then you should try to format the card first and then try to mount it again.

I am not getting what could be the problem but if you are having it constantly then you should stored the music In the default location rather than the SD card.