Thread: firmware not updating in LG Optimus 3D P920 phone

firmware not updating in LG Optimus 3D P920 phone

I am using LG Optimus 3D P920 since past 3 months. Really, this is an excellent phone. But from last week I'm getting some problem like my camera sometimes not working, apps are not opening etc. so I consulted with an expert about this problem and he told me to go for updating the firmware. Therefore, I started for updating but after one fourth of updation it stops updating. Therefore, I tried again and this problem occurred again. So friend can anyone solve my problem please I need your help to solve this problem.

re: firmware not updating in LG Optimus 3D P920 phone

Firstly make sure that when you update, your phone is fully charged. If your phone is not fully charged then I would suggest you to fully charge the phone and then restart it. I also had the same phone and hence even I had the issue. So I charged the phone completely and then tried to update the phone with the new firmware.

Well I would like you to follow my instructions if you carefully want to update your phone. Do not try to install this update if you have clockwork recovery mod installed. My phone actually rebooted to install the update, instead it booted recovery and now I can’t get out. It seems to me that my phone is bricked and I have to wait till a compatible update for clockwork comes out.

I would suggest you to take the phone the LG store and get it alright. They will guide you properly and in fact they will update the firmware properly. You can try to reset the factory settings. For that, check on the internet regarding the same. After factory settings I think your problem will get solved and you will be able to open applications.

You can download LG Mobile Support Tool from B2CAppSetup.exe (245 KB) and save to your computer. Then run B2CAppSetup.exe and install it on the computer. Make sure that you have installed the usb drivers properly in the computer. Then connect the phone with the PC using data cable. You will see an icon named LGMobile update on your desktop; double click it to open it. If your phone is connected you will see the Start Updating button gets enabled and clickable. After that click on the start updating button which will automatically open a new window. Please do not disconnect the phone during this process and follow the instructions properly. It will take some time to download and install. After the installation your phone will restart. I hope this suggestions helps.