Thread: Does the iPhone 4 need a screen protector?

Does the iPhone 4 need a screen protector?

Hello all, i recently brought a new iPhone 4. The people at Apple store told me that i dont need a screen protector or scratch guard as we say it in india. But still i'm not sure if it does need one or not. Anyone who use iPhone 4 has anything to say? Help guys! I need to know if i really dont need one or i should get one? I am pretty bad at handling cell phone. So guys please advice...

Re: Does the iPhone 4 need a screen protector?

Even if the display is said to be scratch resistant proof, you should get one, You might accidentally drop ur phone. Well if you say you have a bad hand at handling phone, you probably should get one, even without asking anyone. iPhone 4 is definitely not a cheap phone. Your phone might get scratched while in your pocket too, with daily use and there are changes it might get scribed on with some keys or other stuffs that might be in the pocket. If you want to be 100% why dont you just get one. Its better to be protective rather then crying later. You never know...

Well as far as i know the iphone 4 has a scratch resistant screen already. So in my opinion you dont need one. But when you say that you are a careless user, you might need one. Also you can never be dependent on what the Apple Store guys say. They have to sell the product, and they will do anything to sell it. But its we who are concerned. So buy it. Although i have never used any scratch protector on any of my phones, and so i know what the screen looks like after sometime...

In theory the screen does not get scratched with small impacts, I actually saw a video on youtube where in the iPhone was kept with keys and believe me, there was not even a single scratch. But still when i got my iPhone i had bought the scratch guard and it was on it since day one. I sold it now though. The point is, why take risk when it only costs a few rupees. Also you can never know what will happen and when. So its better to be safe then regret...

iPhone 4 comes with an olephobic screen coating. Which means you dont really need a scratch guard. If you get one, it might cause problem with retina display. Generally the anti-glare protectors will cause you problems. Also the touch becomes less sensitive with scratch guard on. If you are too sure you will not handle your phone with care, only then opt for one, else it is better off without a screen protector. All the best!

Screen protectors could be of help in minor situations that give the phone little scratches and marks. Take note of the use of 'minor' and 'little'. A screen protector is only of significance in minor impacts, and contact with rough or hard surfaces. If you expect a screen protector to be of help in something like a 5ft. drop on concrete, then you are naive. If you want a screen protector for minor situations, then take note that some screen protectors may adversely alter the texture, or add a little cloudiness to the screen. And also, for the same reason one gets a screen protector, one can get full body protection. The other areas of a phone's body is also vulnerable. A good full body cover is GadgetShieldz, which is smooth and clear enough as to not adversely alter the texture or appearance of the phone's screen.
    Last edited by Cobra The King; 20-08-2011 at 05:19 AM.