Thread: How to update LG Optimus P990 X2

How to update LG Optimus P990 X2

Guys I need some help here I have my set as LG Optimus X2 P990 The problem was when I tried to connect it with my PC i. e. macbook pro to transfer files and I have all the LG software to for windows also the PC suite. For LG. when I tried connecting it It asked me for the available updates and I thought Ok lets update it first then It told me that there is some error and t unplug the battery and reconnect it with the PC and start updating . I did it 6 times and the problem was repeated every time. Now I can’t do anything as the phone is locked at the place where it is saying that that s/w update is in progress please wait. I tried all the possible tools I could do but still can’t get over with it.

re: How to update LG Optimus P990 X2

I am also having the same problem. In addition I have tried the following but could not find some possible solution I have tried on LG mobile support tool‘s “Recovery Phone” tool option Followed by entering the S/N and IMEI and it has told me that there is some fatal error if i try to update it again it abruptly tells me there is no update supported for your set, LG PC Suite IV can’t find my phone, its stuck! I have been trying to fix it for a long but its damn stuck! I tried googling several pages and manuals but could not find any help.

re: How to update LG Optimus P990 X2

hello friend I think your problem is not the problem of software category the problem is lying in the hardware section as I have went through the similar problem and have fixed it via LG support I had contacted LG and they told me that this is a common difficulty with a firmware up gradation. They asked me to send it back in for servicing where I purchased it and they will repair it, this was the only answer they were having and about and after a week I got my phone back, There was on service note that they have changed the motherboard of my phone. So you just have solution in your hand.