Thread: Can I get Linux boot screen on palm boot?

Can I get Linux boot screen on palm boot?

I am wondering for the method by which I will be able to take out the boot screen and then place the actual linux boot log that is actual dmesg log into that. I was searching for that on internet but not got the exact way to do that. If you someone of you can help me in any way for doing this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: Can I get Linux boot screen on palm boot?

Yes, this is possible to do that. There is one of the kernels which can make this possible. Actually I do not remember that which one is that but if you search for this then you will get that to know. Or I will post that afterwards when I get that. I hope that someone will post with the exact solution for this soon. Let’s wait for that time. Sorry for incomplete answer to your query.

It is the F104a kernel that you are searching for. If you want then you will be able to set the clock speed towards the palm default (500 mHz) with the help of govnah. For me, the F104A is showing Linux boot logs. I ditch uberkernel on the pre and I have it. I am utilizing that as a WiFi only pda/game device for my ATM. I wish that this will be helpful to you in any manncer. Please reply with your experience with this.

Palm is changing the operating systems and within the not-so-distant future, Palm-Powered will indicate Linux-Powered except with every elegance and elegance of existing Palm OS. It's intended to take a while,. If you desire to provide Linux a whirl lying on a Palm at present, it's quick as well as easy. You won't obtain some of the graphical goodness you'll finally obtain with the future edition of Palm OS, except you will contain a chance for playing a bit and run this influential operating system on little handheld.

The most straightforward approach to get Linux running on a Palm is to pick an overall-backed Palm, for example the Vx, and download a twofold discharge of Linux from Sourceforge. Around then of this composing, they had forms that gone with the m500 as well as a bundle of more advanced in years demonstrates. What you'll get is a little PRC index (for example uClinuxPalm.prc) that has the Linux dispersion and a bootloader. Introduce the PRC on your Palm, and you're simply about equipped to start Linux.

When you boot Linux, you ought to begin bantering with the serial port. Since you're on Mac OS X or Windows, you've as likely as not still got HotSync running and listening on the serial port. Inasmuch as this will forestall you from opening a terminal session with the serial port, make certain to discharge the serial port before you continue. You would be able to either start HotSync or design it to not utilize the serial port, or close it down out and out. Since you do tell it to quit utilizing the serial port, you'll ought to switch it again before you are able to perform a HotSync again.