Thread: Does Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is available through Kies

Does Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is available through Kies

Hi guys I have Samsung galaxy S2 series phone its very nice phone but I want to update my phone to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread I want to use kies for update the same I am not interested doing the same from Odin I have been waiting to update my phone to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for some time now so if any one can tell me whether the update is available through kies that would be very helpful I bought my phone from Carphone Warehouse and its unbranded and unlocked . just inform me who is your carrier and what country are you from so that I can also avail this update . Thanks guys

Re: Does Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is available through Kies

I don’t understand what do you want with other for updating your phone what does the others carrier and country will have to with your update all you need to do is connect you phone to Samsung Keis on your computer take back up and make sure you USB debugging mode on just check for the update available for your phone and if it available the it will automatically update your phone and you don’t have to do anything and if no update available then it will say so. There is no extra thing you need to know about this .

Re: Does Samsung Galaxy S2 firmware update Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is available through Kies

I am not the big fan of kies I feel that software is stupid at first it was not able to detect my phone in my laptop so I close everything and connect my phone again still no connection so when I tried again and again its crashed my laptop with blue screen and I just manage to bring my laptop back on working condition it was my office laptop man that one scary thing that I have ever tried . I just uninstall kies from my laptop and switch to Odin that is one software that works for me as my first experience with kies failed see if kies works for you. For me it’s not working

Recently bought Samsung galaxy S2 for me what a nice phone . I bought it with sim free unlock phone and tried to update it with kies nice pc suit for Samsung phone there was aback option which I don’t have to use as my phone was a new phone so I updates my phone with kies and its updates a new version on my phone but the new version updated on my phone shows Gingerbread version 2.3.3 so I enquire and know that 2.3.4 not yet been released for kies foruk that should be in this month. So I guess will be updating my phone in month again

I thinks there is not the only one option to update the Samsung Galaxy S2 kies is ok but I myself found some problem while using the same its sometime will don’t connect my phone or some time gives error and if I use Odin I feels its very complicated and hard to use does any one knows id there any software available which plug and play update the firm ware of the phone I would be glad to know . it should not be not working like kies and hard like Odin dose any one knows that please help