Thread: Is Sense 3.0 & Android 2.3 available for LG Optimus 3D?

Is Sense 3.0 & Android 2.3 available for LG Optimus 3D?

What is Sense which is available for Android in most phones? Is it possible to install it on my Optimus 3D? I heard that it really enhances the Android phone. Coz my friend has it on his Optimus 2x, I wanna know if there is any Rom available for these phone which includes lock screen and Gingerbread 2.3 is installed too. Hope any one knows how I can do it on this phone coz I really liked it on my friends phone.

Re: Is Sense 3.0 & Android 2.3 available for LG Optimus 3D?

Well Sense 3.0 is the HTC graphical user interface. It’s more like a theme of HTC based on the TouchFLO 3D design for devices running on Android. The features are major visual and functional changes to the menu. It has a new lock screen that allows to access favorite part of the phone directly. Well I don’t know if someone has made the theme for LG but since you are talking about Sense mod it simply is not possible to make a ROM of Sense.

Do you find any custom rooms for Optimus 3D yet? No, because it’s been just few days since it has released so you won’t find any mods related to the phone yet, let alone a whole new rom. You will have to wait for some custom roms for this device then only someone can think about porting the sense in to the O3d. That’s because porting sense is much more than just copying some files, Htc sense changes a lot in the android, that’s why it’s hard to extract sense from one rom to another although not impossible yet.

Well, I don’t know anything about Rom, but I can tell you that you can get the lock screen you wanted. Agile Lock is one such application created for android phones. It modifies your lock screen with the screen of sense 3.0. The app also has many other options to customize your phone. It gives you the look and functionality like that of Sense 3 and looks really cool and they have made great efforts in creating this. Just find this Agile Lock on the net you will find it.

Well, as far as Rom goes, it’s not possible to port it to any other phone that is not HTC. Though not impossible, I heard it was successfully ported on Samsung Galaxy S though it was still buggy. So, I don’t think it is possible on your LG phone. Btw I installed the Agile Lock but I think it’s lagging a bit specially while opening the lock. Is it happening with anyone else? Has anyone installed it yet? Do tell me if you have the same problem.