Thread: How to Install standard Orange ROM on unbranded HTC Desire S

How to Install standard Orange ROM on unbranded HTC Desire S

I am using the HTC Desire S now and I would like to install standard ROM in it. After several search on google I finally decided to install standard Orange ROM. However I don’t know how to install it and even I don’t have any guide or notes for this. My mobile is unbranded. So if anybody knows about this then don’t forget to post about it here.

Re: How to Install standard Orange ROM on unbranded HTC Desire S

So this is not really a tutorial, but rather a description of the manipulations that have worked for me knowing that I have:
    • A Desire HTC S purchased from Orange (Android 2.3.3).
    • A PC running Windows XP.

Before you begin, remember that:
    • Replacing the ROM of the operator (Orange or other) the HTC ROM may be a reason for not supported by the guarantee in case of failure.
    • The backup of your original ROM (Orange or other). Once proceeded, no turning back. And formatting the SD card erases all data.
    • I am not responsible for the damage you can do to your phone. I share just a series of manipulations that have worked well for me.

How to remove the overlayer Orange (or other operator) HTC Desire S by installing the official ROM from HTC simplest way possible, i.e. without rooting phone, without S-Off, without using the kit material "XTC Clip" Orange announces the imminent launch of a new user interface for Android. Based on a survey conducted among its clients, said that despite the good opinion on the virtues of the system, highlighting its power and flexibility, many had complaints about the apparent complexity of the OS from Google

Recently acquired the HTC Desire Orange, I have recently sought to change the ROM by the Orange HTC official ROM. Simply because I am not interested in the applications Orange, and I noticed a slight bug in the Contacts widget, it placed me at all times and in each category, and the shortcut icon (must be hideous he said) voice mail! Desiring to make screens of the phone screen, most applications are for Android phones ROOT then that desire is not currently ROOT (= no administrator access on the phone's system files), I will not able to provide images of the HTC screen.

It is still possible to reinstall the ROM orgine, as it would with a phone purchased nu, without the phone is ROOT. Relying on various sites in English (including that of XDA), one can enumerate the steps, the aim being to install the official ROM, not necessarily to understand what we do. To flash the phone, we will need the microSD (usually supplied in packs operators). I suggest you make a backup first of all your contacts, but also SMS and MMS via one of the applications available on the Market! In the same vein, you can copy the entire contents of vote microSD on your PC. Attention, copy the contents of the microSD will not make a backup of your contacts or your messages!

If you want the latest version, then you have the complete RUU draw over it, which goes well with the current version. However, there hated NEN Wipe: I think you will need to rebrand the only draw one RUU your provider about it and therefore, everything is already done. I think only prerequisite is that the version of the provider is higher than your current one. Otherwise, make advance NEN downgrade if you cannot find ROM.

I'm thinking this phone with orange catch me, but I have understood that the gelding is a story google talk and more! I guess the ROM will change as new and there is nothing gelding! I have the DESIRE to vodafone, and Tapatalk not castrated. What it is closed is sharing the Internet with the mobile PC THROUGH, teetering, it's "not allowed" with the ROM's from Vodafone. ROM With a free, all these limitations are removed.