Thread: Samsung KIES cannot recognize Samsung Galaxy S2

Samsung KIES cannot recognize Samsung Galaxy S2

Some days I have bought Samsung Galaxy S2 mobile phone and i like this mobile phone because of its attractive features. In my laptop I have installed Samsung KIES software and after installing the KIES in my laptop when I connect my Samsung Galaxy S2 with my laptop at that time Samsung KIES cannot recognize my mobile phone. Now please tell me what should I do to get it done?

Re: Samsung KIES cannot recognize Samsung Galaxy S2

Well first of all you should try to connect any other Samsung mobile phone with your laptop and after that check whether Samsung KIES recognizing your mobile phone or not? if it recognizes other Samsung phone properly then there might be issue with your mobile phone and if you face the same problem with other device also then I think there might something wrong with the Samsung KIES software.

Sometimes faulty data cable can also cause this type of problem and that is why I would like to tell you that tr7y to connect your mobile phone with by using different data cable and after that check whether you are able to connect with your laptop or not. if you are able to connect your mobile phone with other data cable then you have to replace the data cable and after that your problem will get solved.

When you connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 with your laptop at that time you have to check whether your laptop can recognize the mobile in mass storage mode or not. If your laptop is able to recognize the device in mass storage mode then I think there is nothing wrong with your laptop or mobile phone but problem is with your Samsung KIES software and if you want to solve this issue then you have to reinstall the software and after that check whether same problem is coming or not.

If your laptop is not recognizing your mobile phone in mass storage mode also then I think you should try to solve this problem by trying to connect your mobile phone with different USB port and after connecting it your mobile phone with different USB port check whether your laptop is recognizing the device or not. I think you will be able to connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 after connecting it with different USB port.

After trying above given solution also I am facing the same problem. When I tired another mobile phone with my laptop at that time also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to connect my mobile phone by using different USB data cable and at that time also my laptop was not recognizing my mobile phone. is there anything wrong with my laptop or there is something wrong with my Samsung Galaxy S2.

In above reply you have mentioned that after trying different solution also you are facing the same issue while connecting Samsung Galaxy S2 with your laptop and that Is why I would like to tell you that try to solve this issue by reinstalling USB drivers in your laptop and after reinstalling the USB drivers try to connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 with your laptop and check whether it makes any difference or not.