Thread: While Charging, My HTC Desire phone’s light stays on

While Charging, My HTC Desire phone’s light stays on

Hi, anyone here who uses HTC Desire S can help me; I have some problem with the phone. Can anyone tell me how the screen deactivates and the light turns off by itself, while I charge the phone? I keep for charging in the night and the light just turns on while charging and I cannot turn it off and the room is bright the whole night till the phone is charged. I would like it to go off while charging. Any ideas how I resolve this issue?

Re: While Charging, My HTC Desire phone’s light stays on

There’s an option of Always Stay Awake on your phone, it must have remained on. Just uncheck the stay awake button by going to the Settings tab from the home screen. In the settings menu, tap Application> Development option. Deselect the stay awake check box, and now your phone light will not be on forever and you can turn it off. So, when you charge, it remains for some time and then automatically goes blank and no light will come out.

Hey, I want to ask some questions to you. It will maybe solve the issue that you are facing with, Just tell me if you have any app installed on your computer that is meant to keep your light on, like I have a Car Cradle app that keeps my light on when I’m driving. Or maybe some other app may have this feature enabled in them coz many apps need light to be on. So, just check it and see if you have any such app and just disable the feature, which you have.

Have you upgraded your phone recently? Like, do you still have the option of Stay Awake (while Charging) available on your phone now? I think you don’t have otherwise you wouldn’t have asked the question. In EA28 pre-Froyo, there was option to stay awake was there. So, now when you upgrade, the old setting has been removed of staying on, but the config. remains and there is no way of turning it off again once you upgrade that. So make sure you turn the ‘Stay Awake’ option off before upgrading and it will work in normally.

I don't use the car cradle app or any other app like that, but there is a different clock app I used and I remember I used ‘stay awake’ option on that before updating it from rooting, so, would that also count? So maybe you are right it is the problem with the upgrade. But, now what should I do? Should I reinstall the old upgrade again, remove the ‘stay awake’ option as you said and then again re-upgrade? I think that will only work coz I didn’t find any other way to solve the issue.

There must be a way to fix this situation, just uninstalling to lower upgrade, just unchecking a box and then re-installing is way too much work. So, I searched a method to save my hard work and I found a nice little mod created by someone that brings back the ‘stay awake’ button back to the latest upgrade or any other phone. Just use this mod, and uncheck the button again so that you will permanently disable the bugging feature from your phone. Hope this one helps you and saves your time too.