Thread: FM Radio present in LG Optimus 3D?

FM Radio present in LG Optimus 3D?

I recently bought the 3D phone of LG Optimus. We can view 3D without using special 3d glasses and we can view 2D and 3D multimedia with 720p or 1080p. I was so engrossed in their games and movies in 3D that I almost missed out my favorite thing from the old phone ie FM Radio. So, just searched for it on my phone and it’s actually missing in my phone. So, why is that? Did LG forgot to put into it or what?? So, I want to know what the problem with it is.

Re: FM Radio present in LG Optimus 3D?

Actually you look at the LG site they have clearly mentioned that there is no Radio in the phone. Seems, the Smartphone people aren’t interested in having little app like FM radio with them now. I like having FM in my phone especially when we have sports matches on or just would like to chill by listening to songs! I hope they add it soon atleast for some of them that need FM in their phone. And actually, the site from where I got the phone has listed FM Radio in it.

I also bought from the store that said FM Radio was included in it. And they say that the Radio with RTS is present. Hey and thanks for reminding me about the radio I totally forgot about it. Now I am gonna go and make a scene at the store. Maybe I will insist on a discount for their mistake in the advertising feature of the cell. This stores just add anything and everything.

The radio quality for these phones is actually quite crappy or limited. I never use the stock apps of phone for listening to radio. The radio present on internet is much better than that. I use Tune In for my radio and it works well and is a good streaming for music that is latest. Btw, LG Italy told me that they are gonna introduce radios in their next roms. So, all of you who want the radio wait a little longer, that’s the only solution I can give you right now.

I hope phones start to add DAB in the phone. I want to listen to a specific station that's only on DAB and internet but when I play it from the internet version I cannot listen to it completely. Like when I am watching a match, they cut the commentary in the internet version and only can listen to the DAB one. The Dev phones had some buggy radio app, so maybe they removed it later on release. LG will tweak it before they introduce in the phones later.

Yes. TuneIn is good for music but the thing is I used TuneIn for 4 days just for an hour or so and it actually ate up about 80% of my monthly bandwidth of internet, so cannot afford TuneIn atleast for some time. But there’s some good hope as they have said they will bring it on new roms, so that means they have chips that support radio. So maybe we ourselves can tweak a bit and create an app that enables us to play radio on our phone. Maybe if I have time I will try to make it soon.