Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

unable to upgrade firmware for Asus O!Play Mini HD media player

Portable Devices

Old 19-08-2011

unable to upgrade firmware for Asus O!Play Mini HD media player

Recently I have purchased a Asus O!Play Mini HD media player. I am trying to upgrade the firmware since last 2 days but I am unable to do it. I have tries upgrading the usb firmware several times but I am always getting a message like there is no firmware update available. Currently I am running 1.0.6 version firmware and I am trying to upgrade it with 1.1.0 version. I am using a pen drive but it is not showing any data. But when I use this pen drive with my computer, all data’s are seen. I don’t know why this is happening. I want to know has anybody experienced any such kind of problems before. I need some suggestions urgently.

Old 19-08-2011

Re: unable to upgrade firmware for Asus O!Play Mini HD media player

I think there is some problem with the Asus O!Play Mini HD media player that you are having. I think it has got corrupted. I would suggest you to call the asus guys to help you out. Tell them your problem and they will guide you accordingly. They are professionals and your problem will be solved for sure. You can also try to find some solutions on the internet regarding this. There are many forums where you can find some related posts. Try them out and I hope it helps. All the best
Old 19-08-2011

I have had the same problem. I had downloaded the latest firmware and I put it in the empty stick. But I always got the message like no update found. There was img file in the pen drive. I removed all the contents using winrar. But nothing happened. File was not found. I was having 1.07 versions. And as far as I think there is some problem with the 1.1.0 version. Anybody tell me how should I fix it. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Old 19-08-2011

Well I would suggest you to load the .img file on the normal thumb drive. Then after loading, try plugging it in the player. Then go to the settings there you will see firmware update, select USB and it will prompt you to update to whatever version your loading. After that select 'Yes' and it will proceed to install. I hope this works for you.
Old 19-08-2011

You should note the present version of the firmware. Then you should confirm the present version, after that download the next version and then start upgrading one by one. Make sure that you unzip the compressed firmware. Then try to use a blank or formatted USB Flash Stick to copy or paste the install.img. Then go to Setup > Firmware Upgrade > USB upgrade and press “OK” to start updating. Remember that during this do not shutdown the O-Play mini during the updating process.
Old 19-08-2011

Make sure that there is no virus present in the usb stick. It may like the firmware that you have downloaded has been affected by the virus. Scan your usb and try to update. Try to use 2 different pen drives for this process. Make sure that the firmware you download is downloaded from a genuine website or it is virus free. Try to uninstall the current version first and then see that you can upgrade the upper version.
Old 01-12-2011

I found simple solution on Polish Asus forum. After putting USB thumb drive into O!Play's slot... you have to switch it from power plug. After plug in again you should be able to upgrade firmware from USB drive. At least it worked for me (twice).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,