Thread: In ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop the Asus RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour

In ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop the Asus RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour

I have purchased the new ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop two months ago. I like the model and the design of the product so that’s why I bought it. I am the user of the Windows 7 operating system. I have the internet connection on my laptop. The actual problem is the RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour in my ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop. I have the wireless connection. It is failed for 20-30 seconds and then I have to reconnect the device again. Windows 7 shows the message as problem in the router. I also have the lag spikes when I am playing online games. I can’t understand what to do for this. Can anyone give me some solution to fix this error. Please help me.

re: In ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop the Asus RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some solution for that. Here I am giving you some information for you. first you have to check the entries around the time of the disconnection in the router log. When your connection lost then you have to check out for network SSID in the wireless network list. Then you have to check out for how many wired or wireless client are connected to your router. I think this will help you to solve your problem.

re: In ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop the Asus RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour

After reading your problem I want to give you some suggestion which can be useful to you. When you try to reconnect the system after the drop then you have to scroll to the end then you have to take the last chunk of relevant entries. The entries you see above are just UPnP client associations you have in your LAN to tunnel back through the router. This is normal situation with UPnP enabled. One thing you have to remember please turn off the useless services from the router to avoid the possibilities of this type of errors.

I think I can help you to give you some information that useful to you. Given what we have shown that using a static IP address fixes the problem maybe something about negotiating with your ISP and DHCP or makes the link or router to drop the link down. In other words , the record does not suggest that wireless clients disconnect as the author of this thread. Of course I do not work for ASUS (and I think you have an open ticket with the technical assistance), but may be right that could only be an incompatibility with your ISP. Hope this will work for you.

Your problem is so common for the Asus users. This kind of problem may be related to hardware only. Here I am giving you some information about that. There are some thing are available on the system that indicates to Asus like what kind of connection you are using. That means Cable/DSL etc. what type of model or brand of ISP equipment does the router connect to on the WAN port and suppose you connect a computer directly to the ISP equipment by the use of DHCP then what situation will cause the problem or is the configuration is exist or not. So from this you can make out the exact reason and you can solve your problem.

I think I have some information for you. The router is the DHCP server. And the IP is fixed. The transmission settings are all default. There is nothing to change rather than latest firmware/transmission update. There is a limit on the number of FTP connections the popcorn allows. The FTP is not running or the max number of connections is reached. You will see the CSI is working again when the FTP transfer is finished. According to me this is never in the case before the last firmware upgrade. I think this is the best option for you.

Re: In ASUS GS5W-XN1 laptop the Asus RT-n56u connection drops after every half an hour

I also faced same problem some time before. So I can give you some idea to recover from that. First you have to check all the connection. If you have wireless connection then tries to get the wired connection and if you have the wired connection then also try to change it. Then you have to take the service provider’s support for that. he can give you the best solution for that. so try this trick for at least once.