Thread: Subtitles not working with O’Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player after installing v1.11 firmware

Subtitles not working with O’Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player after installing v1.11 firmware

Hi, I am having O’Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player since last couple of months and I used to watch movies on that and really I liked it and as the new version of firmware that it uses came thus I have downloaded that and installed in the player but don’t know rather than giving extra functionalities I have started getting problem with it, as I uses to see movies with the subtitles only, but the strange thing is like with this new firmware I am not getting them work again.

Re: Subtitles not working with O’Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player after installing v1.11 firmware

I think there must be some problem with the format only, it might be possible that the newer version must be supporting different format of files, so that according to me you should first of all check which format your player supports, and after that try to play those files in your player, and it might be possible that you have to change the files according to the players format.

Re: Subtitles not working with O’Play HDP-R1 HD Media Player after installing v1.11 firmware

I am also having the same problem and it is like the subtitles cannot be read simply, particularly while they are placed on white scenes. But that’s not the problem as there is option through which we can change the color of the subtitles through which we can see them, and I don’t know which format I am using for subtitles, but still according to me you should try to search on internet so that you can simply figure which files you have to use with the movie files.

I don’t think there is any problem with the newer firmware because I am using the same and I do not see any problem with the firmware as the subtitles also works perfectly, in other words they are clear and most importantly adjustable. And as the above user mentioned you should try to change the color if you have some problem with the white font, but if suppose you are not able to see them, then let me tell you that you have to configure it through the settings.

Have you saved perfect files in the hard disk because the thing is like you need to have the subtitles file and the actually movie files both in the same place, only then you can okay them as you expected or else you’ll not be able to see them however. And the most important thing is like you need to have the same name of the subtitle file as the original file has or else again you’ll not be able to see them on the screen.

I think according to me there is some problem with the firmware that I have installed in my player because the thing that you have mentioned in the comments is like I have already tried once with the player and I know I have stored the files which is actually supported by the player as well, and though I have configured it but still it is not working, so according to your guys what could b the problem? Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

Yeah it might be possible thus I would say you should try to update the one that you’re currently having in your machine. And my recommendation is to use 1.24 versions firmware, because I have installed that one and I am not having any problem with that. Thus I can say you should try to use that but if you are still having the problem with the subtitles you should downgrade to the one which you were using previously.