Thread: O!Play HD2 USB Dongle Support and tips

O!Play HD2 USB Dongle Support and tips

Friends, I am having the latest firmware and I am searching that if there is any list that which USB Wlan Dongles can be supported with this. Currently I am having the AVM Fritz! Wlan N Stick. If you can tell me that what are the settings that we require to do and what are the things that I need to take care of while using this. I will really appreciate any of the helpful replies on this. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: O!Play HD2 USB Dongle Support and tips

I would like to tell you that there are total two USB wifi dongles which are supported by this. I do not remember the names of those but if you want then you can search for that on Asus official website and you will get all the details about this over there. This is the best way to get the information about this. Do a search and I am sure that you will get that easily. Thank you and Good Luck!!!

There are ASUS USB-N10 and ASUS WL-176G V3 which is supported by this. Other than this, there are no additional settings required by this. All you have to do is just plug in that and then Choose your AP. Make sure that you should not hide the SSID and if you make that hidden then it is not going to work. After plugging that in, you will just have to enter passkey and that is the only thing that you will have to do.

I am having the N10 and I was not equipped to test it for the internet connection except FTP server within NAS mode. It is extremely bad through cable I reach max 8Mb/s but through N10 not over 0,5Mb/s but the trouble may not be N10 itself it can be somewhat because of FTP since if it has to have additional speed intended for radio as well as internet TV. The N10 is much lesser and you can yet plug it in front USB it is black and it have the similar plastic finish that have the HD2 it actually blends ignored and within the ASUS site both looked to contain similar speed, range as well as sensitivity therefore I pick this one.

I attached the USB dongle to my PC, and when that I embedded the CD to institute the drivers. That was truly plain, no situations to any detectable degree. I actually endured the introduction and when that I set the encryption to "Disabled" but depending on if you exist in a place where there are a large number of alternate houses around you then you may would like to utilize WEP encryption; you can be charmingly shocked on how far the juncture spans.