Thread: Poor battery life in HTC Desire S510e

Poor battery life in HTC Desire S510e

Hi, I own a very good phone as I mentioned in the title itself but the thing that I am able to figure out like whether there is some problem with battery or really the battery life is so poor in the phone itself. Because it doesn't last any long. thus I am not getting what shall I do next in order to test them? And is this product comes under the warranty period, I mean to say if suppose I found any glitches with the battery so do they change it? needs suggestions, thanks.

Re: Poor battery life in HTC Desire S510e

off course the product comes under warranty circumstances, but still you should test them so that you can get the exact problem that you are having with it, and you should mentioned properly as how much time you can utilize the battery If you charge it fully? Because see this is difficult for us as well, how can we figure out that your battery life is perfect or poor. Thus according to me first of all just mentioned that how much you can utilize it.

See certain functions like using Bluetooth, wireless LAN or GPS may result into consuming more power, thus if suppose you have constant use of this functions then surely you’ll not get the power holding as you are expecting. And off course you should try to play with the mobile settings as well like you should try to decrease the screen brightness because it uses the most of the power which results in draining the battery soon.

I am sorry as I just forgot to mentioned the time but let me tell you that regardless of utilizing the above mentioned functions, I am getting the battery life till 1 and half day maximum. So is it poor or the perfect one? And off course I always charge it fully till the notification appears an thus I came to know about the performance, because in previous days I was just ignoring it as the usage but lately I came to know that this is surely some problem.

Though above users are perfectly correct with their comments but still there are some factors that also taken into consideration while testing the battery life I mean to say when the phone been in a standby mode off course the battery will last for long but talk time also affect the battery for sure as the one you have has Up to 340 hrs to 360 hrs of standby time with 2G and 3G respectively and up to 6 hrs 30 min to 6 hrs 30 min talk time with again same 2G and 3G respectively.

At the same time playing music and dealing with other functions also causes more power consumption, thus you should try to test the battery as per the time mentioned by the above user so that you can figure out the actual fact, but I think it is normal with the touch screen phone having such a functions but still if suppose you have some doubt then you can simply contact to service center for sure.

Exactly I was also thinking of suggesting the same thing as you should try to contact the service center because they will only help you to better understand the performance and don’t worry about the product as you can claim the warranty for sure, in fact I have changed my battery several time after happening any such. So this is the best way but if as per your usage I think this is perfect that you are getting.