Thread: Poor Reception Signal in HTC Desire S

Poor Reception Signal in HTC Desire S

Hello Friends. I have some problem here and I want some help from you people who might have been using the similar set and have similar problems with it. I have a set HTC Desire S and I often feel problem with the poor reception signal. Is my problem relevant or is it that this is with my set only also do let me know the way if any way, through which I could enhance my signal reception. Some of my friends are having this set but a few face similar problem and a few don’t. I think there must be some way to boost up the signal.

Re: Poor Reception Signal in HTC Desire S

yeah it’s true that the HTC Desire S has a mediocre reception But I was able to receive and make calls when the indicator wasn’t showing in the status bar wasn’t showing any bar at all
    Also I hadn’t noticed any problem with the sound and or the connection that is there was no problem with the quality of speech wasn’t interrupted So I would suggest you don’t pay too much concentration to the Indicator bar. If you are able to make and receive calls good than there is no problem with the reception of the signals and the reception is fair enough.

Hello I just have bought Desire S a week ago and I must say this one is an awesome piece. This is the best available for the price I paid. But Yeah I am having problem with the signal reception I don’t have much of the Idea of the technical aspect of it but I changed my settings from WCDMA to GSM and that has enhanced the signal quality up to a fair extent. I suppose that this will slow down thing a bit as I went down from 3G to 2G but it seems to be working out for me. Menu= > Settings =>Wireless & Networks => Mobile Networks => In the network mode all you have to do is to select GSM only. I would also like to know that if there is any problem with doing so You are having.

Well in theory a parabolic reflector can solve the problem but it might seem too geeky to carry out a parabolic reflector in the office or some institutional premises I think that the signal problem haunt some of the people even if it’s not the matter of serious concern. In most of the cases even a moderate signal is sufficient for making and receiving the calls and other stuffs In my case I work at 7th floor but the signals are mediocre and I never have felt the problem in the quality of the service at this signal reception.

Here is some suggestion for you check if it works for you with your HTC Desire S set.Open handset and on the number pad type *#*#4636#*#* wait for some time and you will land into the Phone Information menu You have to scroll down to the rectangular box which is having a black arrow inside o one side spout on the menu contained in it. Press the button appearing next to GSM auto. Using arrow key you can come back and you might need to power it off then switch it on again to take the effect and check if your signal reception improves. As far I think it also enhances the battery life.