Thread: File limit in Samsung TV media player

File limit in Samsung TV media player

I am having the Samsung UE406530 and facing a few problems with the sharing media. I have tried with the Linux NAS as well as windows 7 computer through the DLNA. This problem looks like related to the file structure as well as the number of files. It reaches to certain limit and after that the DLNA server get disconnected and nit shows me the error message which says: "the device is disconnected" when I try to access the files. Can somebody tell me that what is the design folder size limits intended for the Samsung TV media player?

Re: File limit in Samsung TV media player

According to me, this problem is related to the total number of the files in the folder hierarchy at a level and not the number of files within the total hierarchy. In my case, I am having many photos which are organized with more sub-folders as compared to the MP3s. This is just what I feel about this problem. There might be some other reason for this. I hope that there will be more replies on this soon to understand this problem.

I would like to tell you that more than 101 pages of files are not exposed within Samsung’s media player. It displays first 100 / 101 pages (that are 3 times 6 per page therefore overall files approx 180). If I attempt to access files shown up to limit then the media player crashes or media server is detached. This occurs first through all music folder intended for MP3s. Navigation via folder is probable in anticipation that gets too much.

I am having more than 143 artists in the MP3 folder (I stock up files via artist folder and after that album) and this has the similar affect. When I moved a big subfolder to certain level then I found that TV would read each of my files devoid of crashing. There is a boundary here but I am not certain that what is the exact number but I have 144 artist folders then while I moved my "various artists" folder toward root directory the folder navigation functions.

I don’t think that there is some limit to the Samsung TV otherwise with the Samsung Blu-ray player. In my case, I am having above 50K music files which are arranged within more than 500 folders and I also have about 1000 video files in that. There is no problem in viewing those folders or the files. I am making use of the Mezzmo on my computer to stream them through DLNA. I am not sure that what you are using for this. So this is surely not the problem with the Samsung TV or Blu-ray player.

I found this on some other website that there is total 101 page limit intended for the list within the Samsung media player. I steer through folder, and organize my folders thus there is not over 101 pages in favor of the list view. It does denote that the views similar to "all music" otherwise "artist" are shortened at 101 pages therefore random play is not across each files.