Thread: Cannot undo the homepage set on HTC Desire S

Cannot undo the homepage set on HTC Desire S

Hello, I have purchased the new HTC Desire S but somehow I installed Facebook and it is now the centre of all the windows on my home screen. I installed it by mistake, I don’t even want that app and now it is set as my home page and I want to change it but I cannot undo it so if anyone could tell me how I can reset my old home page back and have my old home screen again, I would be happy.

Re: Cannot undo the homepage set on HTC Desire S

I have HTC Wildfire and had a similar problem like you. To change the setting follow the following steps:- Press internet icon, then press the menu icon next to the home icon and press bookmarks. In the bookmarks section, you will see a list of webpages. Now, if you have any as your bookmark you can select it or select already existing one and press it until a new window opens. Scroll down until you see an option of set as homepage, press that and you should have it as your homepage. Just follow this steps and you can set it as your homepage.

Since you are new to the phone, it will take time to get used to. But setting it to the homepage you want is actually very simple. I will give you some tips though, if you want to get rid of any item just hold it down until it turns green and then you can just pull it out and drag it to the recycle bin at the bottom of the screen. If you want to switch the home pages around, put your fingers on opposite corners of the screen and drag inward. Then you can see all 7 home screens and and you can just select any one you want to select.

Thank you for your replies, it did help me find the home page and then I changed it to whatever I wanted to change. Also, I understood to view all the 7 homepages and then finding one that you want from it. Now, I can switch the homepages as I like. Thank you for your help and tips and I am gonna enjoy the new HTC now.