Thread: Remove camera from the HTC Desire S

Remove camera from the HTC Desire S

I heard some great reviews about HTC Desire S and I am getting a good offer, so I am thinking of purchasing it. But I have this problem where I want to remove the camera from the mobile. I don’t want any camera on the mobile phone, and want to remove it from the device. Is it possible for me to do that? I think if I know a method to dismantle the phone I can manage to remove it. So, if you know any method please help me do it. Any help will be good.

Re: Remove camera from the HTC Desire S

I am not aware of any modifications for the Desire S. but since the camera is basically same as that of Desire, so it should be easy to do it if you know how to remove it for that one. Just find a guide for the process on Google for desire as I know it is present for it there. Are you okay with just disabling the camera, or you want the camera to be removed completely? Why would you want to remove the camera anyways? I don’t understand that is it something related to your job? Just curious about it.

If you know how to dismantling a phone or have devices to do it, it may be possible. You will need a small screwdriver, plastic case opener, scalpel and size 5 screwdrivers. First remove the cover of the battery compartment, battery, memory card and SIM card can be removed. On the back of the HTC find 6 screws that need to be removed. The outer four are Torx screws and the middle two have a Phillips head. Two of the screws with a warranty sticker sealed. The seal can be best removed with a scalpel. The upper part of the rear wall is clipped into the front of the case. The snap connections can be opened very easily, in which one expands the partition line with the lever-type case opener. It's best to start on both sides of the bottom and works its way gently upwards. The cover is plugged into the socket. You must be pulled off. It is best used for this purpose a small pair of pliers. When removing one must pay attention, not to let too much power on the board, then you can remove the camera.

Hey, thank you for replying and helping me. And I did find a guide to remove and dismantle the mobile. I will have to buy all the tools though before I try doing it. I don’t know if it will be easy to do, so I will think about it. By the way, as to why you want to know the reason, it’s because it is not allowed to take camera phone to the place where I work. It’s just they have a policy so that’s why I don’t want any camera attached to my Desire S. That’s why I asked how I could remove it. Well, it seems it is possible to remove after all. So are these cameras same for both the models?

I don’t know the exact module, but I own both models and by seeing the quality and resolution of the pics I think they are of the same make. Would you mind telling me why they don't allow but? Or is it under non-disclosure agreement? If it’s that then I understand as I am myself from medical sector I know how it goes. However, allowing a phone yet not allowing a camera phone is just a little unbelievable. Lol, are you working for NASA or CIA or something?? Then I am exploring an unknown territory here.

Hii, no actually work at Research and development dept. of a German automobile company. So, that’s why we are not allowed to have any kind of camera as we have access to cars that are not yet available in the market. So, I wanted to have a good phone but without a camera. Sadly, they all have cameras along with them. Maybe if removing the camera is not possible, I will buy a cheap phone separately for work and another for home. It’s better than taking risk to mess up Desire S.