Thread: HTC desire S – screen is frozen on welcome screen

HTC desire S – screen is frozen on welcome screen

Hey friends, I am user of HTC Desire S. I am using this phone from the last few weeks, this is very nice phone and love to use it. But now I am facing some problem while using this phone, the problem is that my phones screen is frozen on welcome screen. At that time I got a message that Android had stopped working, so I turn my phone off and remove the battery. But after that when I turn on my phone, I saw no change on my phone, it is again showing the same problem. So can anyone help me what to do now?

Re: HTC desire S – screen is frozen on welcome screen

If your phone’s screen is frozen on welcome screen then according to me, the first step will be factory reset for your phone. if your problem is due to any software then factory reset will solve this problem, I am saying this because factory reset will remove all the apps installed on your mobile. But before going for the factory reset, make sure that you have made backup for your data, if you are not doing this then it will cause to data loss.

I am also using the HTC desire S and no problem at all. I think your problem is due to some application which you have installed newly to your phone. So I will recommend you to make sure that you have not installed any newly application to your phone, if yes then you can’t do anything because your screen is frozen on welcome screen. So you are not able to uninstall any application, the only way is to factory reset, no other way except that.

Before few days I was also suffering from the same problem, I directly contact to service center for the help. In this case I will tell you to go for the service center only, I am sure that they will help you. In this case only the solution is to reset phone to its factory setting. If there is any problem with software update or due to some new software installation then factory reset will fix it easily. Now its up to you what decision you are going to take further for this problem.

In this cause, don’t think that this problem is due to any hardware problem, or don’t think that your phone’s screen is not working and may need to change. The only solution is to reset the all factory setting. If you know how to do the factory reset then I will recommend you to proceed further, it you don’t know then you can also take the help of service center. Service center have the proper way to reset the factory setting. So go to take help of them.