Thread: Need guide for factory reset on HTC Desire S.

Need guide for factory reset on HTC Desire S.

My new HTC desire S is restarting automatically without any reason, for that problem I had searched on the forums, on reply they told me to do the factory reset. But I don’t know how to reset the factory setting. I am using HTC desire S from the last few weeks but due to restarting problem, I need factory reset. I have just some idea for the factory reset like backup the user data and remove the memory card to save the data from loss. So can anyone guide me how to reset the factory setting?

Re: Need guide for factory reset on HTC Desire S.

Yes, I know how to perform the factory reset on the mobile phone. I had done this thing so many times on my mobile phone. start with the first step, you will need to backup all the user data in the SD memory card and remove this SD card while factory reset. If you are not going to do this thing then it will cause data loss. To save your data you have to backup your data in SD card, for this purpose you can take the help of any backup software or you can copy the data also manually. After securing your data go for the next step to factory reset.

To backup your data you can take the help of some software like Titanium Backup or MyBackup. These are the software which gives help in secure backup. Using any one of them you can backup your data to your SD card and then you can move for the next step. There are two way for the factory reset, you can do reset via Hard button reset or via internal reset.
    For the internal reset:
    • Internal reset For the Android 2.1
    • "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Factory data reset"
    • Internal reset For the Android 2.2
    • "Settings" > "SD & Phone Storage" > "Factory data reset"

And then I will recommend you to follow the onscreen instruction for the factory reset

I will like to suggest the hardware reset while factory reset. You need hardware reset for while doing the factory reset, the steps are as follows:
    • First shut down your mobile phone.
    • Continue holding the volume key, again press the power button. Don’t leave this button before you see three skateboarding Androids at the bottom on the phone screen.
    • You can also take the help of volume key for navigation purpose.
    • Then select for clear storage.
    • After that for the further process, you can take the help of on screen instruction.

After following the onscreen instruction, you will need to come back to backup software which you use. For the data backup you will I will recommend you to use the Titanium Backup, because it is the powerful. For that you can follow their instruction. Using Titanium Backup you will need to go back to the instructions for the better use. After doing these all steps I am sure that you will able to do the factory setting easily.