Thread: Cannot use skype in HTC desire S

Cannot use skype in HTC desire S

Hello friends I am using HTC desire S mobile phone in which I have Android v2.3. I like this mobile phone because it has so many cool features. From last few days I am facing problem with Skype in my mobile phone. Whenever I try to download the Skype at that time I get error in my mobile phone. Now please tell me what I should do to use the Skype in my mobile phone. If anyone having the same problem and have solutions then please help me.

Re: Cannot use skype in HTC desire S

I have gone through your post and I would recommend you that if you are not able to install it from android market the try to download the Skype from the Official web site of the Skype and then check whether you are able to download it and install it in your mobile phone or not. I think you will be able to install the Skype from its official site. If you are having the same problem then I think there might be some problem with your mobile phone.

Yes I also agree with the above reply because in my mobile phone I was also facing the problem with Skype and after that I have downloaded the Skype from its official web site and at that time it doesn’t give me any error and it get installed successfully. I think you should also try this solution and check whether it makes any difference or not. If you still get the same problem after that also then let me know.

I have read above replies and after that I have tried to download the Skype from its official site and when I click on download at that time I get "Error 404". I don’t know what is wrong with my mobile phone. I have also tried to solve this issue by downloading it from third party website and at that time it gets downloaded but giving me error while installing the application. Please tell me how to get rid of this problem?

Have you tried Skype lite version in your HTC desire mobile phone? If you have not tried yet in your mobile phone then first download the Skype lite in your mobile phone and after that install in your mobile phone. As far as I know Skype lite will work properly in your mobile phone. You can download Skype lite version from internet. Try this application and check whether it makes any difference or not?

If you are facing the same problem with Skype Lite version also in your HTC desire mobile phone then I think you should try to fix this issue by doing factory reset in your HTC desire mobile phone and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. Before you do the factory reset in your HTC mobile phone you have to take the backup of all the required data such as contacts, calendar and messages and after that do factory reset. i hope after that problem will get solved.

I have tried Skype lite version in my mobile phone and I get the same problem with that als0o and after that I have tried to solve this issue by doing the restore factory setting. First I took backup of all my data and after taking the backup I have done factory reset and after doing that all the things started working normally. Now I am not facing any issue with my mobile phone. Thank you for helping me.