Thread: How to upgrade Dell Mini 10v wireless-n card

How to upgrade Dell Mini 10v wireless-n card

I have purchased the new Dell Mini 10 six month ago. I don’t have a problem with the working of my device. I like the design and the model that’s why I bought it. I have wireless network card also. and its performance also better for me. My actual question is that I want to upgrade my wireless card but I cannot get the proper information about that. Is there any option to do this. And what kind of difficulties can be found in that. Can anyone give me this information? Please help me.

Re: How to upgrade Dell Mini 10v wireless-n card

I read your problem and come to know that I can give you some instructions to you which can give some help to you. you have to go for the Intel 5300. I want to tell you that it is the best option. You can get this on the EBay or many sites with less than 20$ cost which is extremely cost efficient. I also know some of the people who went for the Intel 5100 as an alternative and get the good result. But remember one thing about that to choose only half mini version and not the mini version. I think this much of information is sufficient to solve this problem.

I want to give you some information about this topic. I think this information may or may not useful for you. but you can once make a use of it anyway. ppafford's signature is the indication of the process where OSX is running. Don’t forget that the INTEL cards do not with OSX and it is very difficult to recover from them so prohibit the use of OSX for your system. You don’t get any driver for OSX at the site of Inte so don’t try for that also. I have this much of information. I don’t know whether it is useful or not.

I think I can give you some advice for this. In fact there are so many alternatives for Atheros-based system so you can get many out of them. I also trying to get one of them. Once I get that and when I confirm about the functionality of the system then I can give you some useful information. But at the moment I doesn’t have lot of information. but I think there is also the 1510 is available from the Dell itself for this purpose. but I don’t think that you will like that because I also not get any kind of interest in that.

After reading your problem I want to say something about this topic. I can told you something by which you can get the maximum answer for your question. Here I am giving you some steps about that. First you have to go for Intel 5300 from the EBay seller which is also known as "hellowifi". I think that is very simple to install on the 10v. for that you have to undo one screw then take of the plate on the underside, then you have to undo another screw then detach the antennae and try to replace one wifi card with the other. After doing that re-attach the antennae (to 1 and 3) and replace both screws. I think that is better card for you rather than stock Broadcomm 1500. If you are running OSX then you have to use drivers for Windows and UBuntu.

I want to say that you can get the up gradation easily by any authenticated site of the Dell itself. For that you have to agree with some of the terms and conditions of the Dell mini system. This is the simplest way to get the upgrade. If you don’t get in this way the you can manually install the new drivers for that. Which are easily available on the web this is also usefil solution. I think this will work for you. Thank you.

I think there is no need for upgrade. Because you mentioned that you have purchased your system six months ago so you have the warrantee on your system. So you can try to replace the system. This is the best and cost efficient option for you according to my consideration. But I cannot understand why you are trying to upgrade the system. The system is just six month older. So you can make more use of it. don’t try to upgrade your system. This is only my opinion. Others have their own opinion.