Thread: No audio in LCD connected via HDMI to dell laptop

No audio in LCD connected via HDMI to dell laptop

Last week I bought dell mini 10 laptop. I always connect my LCD with my previous laptop through VGA port. I really like to play games on laptop but watching in LCD. Therefore, this time I try to connect my LCD with dell laptop via HDMI port. I can watch video in my LCD but I cannot hear sound in my LCD means no audio in LCD. I am disappointed with this problem. Friend anyone who has solution about this problem can tell me please!

re: No audio in LCD connected via HDMI to dell laptop

When we connect TV through HDMI slot that time it carries both audio and video. However, when I try to connect LCD to my laptop through HDMI slots that time only I can watched video audio is not playing. Then I thought that I need RCA cables but my friend told me RCA cables do not require change some settings in laptop. Then he told that tried to change your audio output DEFAULT to the HDMI. after changing output default then again connect LCD with laptop and I’m sure that this audio will play.

When I bought a laptop, I always connect my home LCD with my laptop. However, after installing window vista that time I cannot heard audio in my LCD but I can watched video. So for this problem I lots of time waste on internet. After a long search I got solution but I am not sure about that solution still I tried that and my problem is solve I thank that guy who provide me that solution. the solution I will tell you now first right click on speaker icon which is located in startup tray, then go to playback devices, and then last change the output from the headphones / speakers to the HDMI output.

Many people thinks that the sound is not coming in LCD when it is connected through HDMI pin that time it is fault of driver but not this is not correct answer. This problem is occurring due to video card problem. When I try to connect LCD to laptop that time I can hear sound but that is coming from laptop not TV then my friend told me some steps to follow and I follow that steps and now I can hear sound from LCD. This is hard procedures to follow if you want that procedures then you can search on internet and you will get all those steps through that you LCD will play audio.

I will provide you some simple steps through that you can hear audio from your LCD TV.
    1. First click on start button.
    2. Then click on control panel.
    3. Then after that go to "Control Panel Home" then it will display "Hardware and Sound" option and then click on that option.
    4. After that it will says sound in green letters then there are three options in one of that click on "Manage Audio Devices".
    5. Through this menu, you will go to window labeled "Sound".
    6. Then on playback tab there will be sound option available to you. Then click to Digital Output Device (HDMI)".
    7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Re: No audio in LCD connected via HDMI to dell laptop

It appears that some laptop with HDMI output do some "mechanical discovery" of the in case or not the HDMI output seems to be utilized, and could switch sound outputs on or off consequently. My link ensemble Scientific Atlanta DVR utilized to invariably turn off my optical sound (S/PDIF) whenever it discovered that its HDMI output was could not help being useless. This prohibited me from utilizing a HDMI cable until a firmware redesign was discharged to permit the consistent sound output through the optical connector. I could trust that either the Philips DVD player could likewise have a firmware upgrade, now or soon, that will permit the perseverance of the sound yield connector determination.