Thread: how to install Google Android on the Dell Mini 9

how to install Google Android on the Dell Mini 9

I have purchased dell mini 9 which I have purchased few months back. Now the Google android OS which is available for smart phone but now this operating system also available for PC. So I want to install the Google android. So can anyone tell me how to install the Google Android? And can it is being installed on the dell mini 9.

Re: how to install Google Android on the Dell Mini 9

Do these steps to add the Android image over the pen drive and run the Android in Live Mode
    • Download the Unetbootin form the internet.(unetbootin-win-549.exe)
    • Download the images form internet image names are dellmini.iso.gz and dellmini_usb.img.gz
    • Now make the bootable usb to do this you need the Unix or Linux.
    • Un-zip the USB .img file:
    Using the command
    linux$ gunzip dellmini_usb.img.gz
    • Connect FLASH Drive to your Linux machine. Determine the drive letter of your USB drive as follows using the command
    linux# dmesg –c
    • Copy the dellmini_usb.img to FLASH Drive a using
    linux# dd if=dellmini_usb.img of=/dev/sdX
    (X is drive letter of usb so make it which is the letter of the drive)
    • After the image is copied remove the USB FLASH Drive from your computer it will take around 5 to 8 minutes to get copied.
    • Make sure that your dell Mini is powered off
    • Insert the USB FLASH Drive into a USB port on the Mini.
    • Boot the Mini,
    • Go to the bios and make sure that it is configured to boot from USB Drives.
    • Android-x86 will boot up in Live mode.
    • Disable power management to work this perfectly in live mode.
    • Go to the Settings then Applications then Development then select stay awake
    The Android will run perfectly without any problem in Dell Mini 9

I have the HP mini netbook 2133 purchased few months back. So I have given a try to install it over the HP mini netbook. Since it has solid state drive I haven’t got any issue while installing it on it. I have successfully installed the Google android over the hp mini. And it’s running perfectly for me till now without any problem causing in it. its looks really great on the mini in graphical presentation. I will suggest you to give a try to install it on your netbook it will install perfectly.

I have asus Eee pc which has windows 7 in it. but now I have to give a try to install the android over it. I have downloaded the android and installed the android using the usb stick. It’s causing some problem and not running while installing it. so I have searched google for the the solution and I got one solution to run it on the netbook. There are open source drivers known as wee. Which I have used. And the android runs perfectly on my netbook only the problem is that the icons are too small on it. so I am waiting for the android to be available by the manufacturer itself.

If you want to install android OS on hard disk of dell mini.
    Then follow the below steps.
    1. Create the bootable cd or bootable usb disk of the image provided.
    2. Boot the usb pen drive or cd with your dell mini.
    3. The screen will appear in front of you.
    4. Select install android to the hard disk
    5. After this you can get other selection menus where you can choose the partition in which you want to install the Android.
    6. If you have the partition available then select the partition and click on ok.
    7. If you want to create the new partition then click on the create/modify the partition which will help you to create or modify the partition of the hard drive.
    8. After that the screen will appears to select the format type so if the drive is already formatted then select do not format otherwise select format type to format drive. I will recommend you not to use the fat 32 for formatting the drive since it is not supported by the android.
    9. After that the screen will appear which will ask you to load the boot loader automatically you have to choose this to yes. Will automatically create boot loader for you.
    10. If all the steps followed perfectly you will see the progress bar which will show you the installation progress.
    11. After installation completes successfully you will see the screen which will show you two options one to run the android and other to reboot the system.
    12. So reboot the system once and see the android will be running on your netbook.