Thread: Overheat difficulty with Dell mini 10 1018

Overheat difficulty with Dell mini 10 1018

Hi everyone two days before I pay money for a new Dell mini 10 1018 and with that I install the windows XP and all appropriate drivers. But at what time I run the Everest software at that moment my CPU temperature goes up to the 90C. So I am so much worried about it. What you guys think is it a normal temperature. Please share your views on it? Still I am not facing any problem with it but I want to take some precaution if it’s dangerous for my netbook.

Re: Overheat difficulty with Dell mini 10 1018

According to my knowledge it’s not a good temperature for any CPU. As per my knowledge it should b around 60C to 70C maximum, because at the temperature of 100C your system goes shut down. I am not aware what exactly the issue maybe it’s a problem of windows XP or it will be problem of your netbook. So if it’s on a 70C maximum then there is no issue with it. So please check it for another time with different software runs and see what temperature you are getting.

Hello thank you for your reply. I not at all checked my mini, however my big HP Laptop works at 30C or 86F and it’s obtain a Pentium 4 3.4 GHz processor (attempt finding that chip at the moment) however in addition it has 3 fans. I can’t build a conclusion. What is the difficulty? Windows xp or my netbook. If I discover a user who is among this netbook through win xp I will build a conclusion. I hope that someone will help me to solve this issue.

It has not anything to perform with XP. I run mutually XP and Win 7 on top of my 1010 through no heat issues, I not at all checked the definite temps however they are not tremendous for sure. The OS really supposed to comprise not anything to perform by the temperature unless you are running an extremely intensive disk I/O operation which possibly will produce heat from the hard drive. I hope this will clear your all confusion.

Xp has previous power management. Don’t twist of the cores, don’t losing clock the CPU at what time it’s not utilizing, etc. I obsession this may enlarge the temp however not to regarding 90C. My netbook possibly will be defective. I will call the dell service. What CPU temp do you perceive at inactive? If I remember properly, my similar 1012 more often than not idles underneath 50C. I have to actually push it through CPU-intensive tasks on the way to hit 60C, and I have to actually, really push it toward hit 70C.

Hello I don’t think so it’s a problem of a operating system. This is basically happen because much software is using maximum software usage. So if your any process is using maximum CPU space then your CPU temperature is increasing and then after that when it’s moving up to 100C your system got shut down. So this is the main issue of it. If you want to read about overclocking then go on an internet and read some manuals of overclocking.

Hello guys thank you for your response. I go with all of your suggestion and I am clear with many of my doubts. And I placed my dell netbook in dell service center as it is in warranty so there is not a big issue with it. And yes you guys are correct it’s not an issue of windows XP or any operating system. Maybe there is fault with my Dell netbook. Let’s see when I will get back my netbook then I will try it again with same Everest software and then I will see where the exact problem is located.