Thread: Number of Installs reported by Console and the Number of Sales for Paid Apps doesn’t match?

Number of Installs reported by Console and the Number of Sales for Paid Apps doesn’t match?

Friends have some confusion with this number of installs reported by the console and the number of the sales for the paid alls doesn’t match, and this has been knocking off my brain and still dint got any hint regarding this? The Developer Console reports far more # of installs then what Google Checkout has been showing what sales I have made? Well the real problem what I have been thinking about is that, the number of the installs have been 700 and that has been greater than the number of the sales and so does this means that they have been showing my pirated installs of my apps or the other thing may be that the Google has not been reporting many of my sales to me in Google Checkout?

Re: Number of Installs reported by Console and the Number of Sales for Paid Apps doesn’t match?

Well this has been a good question but I haven’t thought much about it I have got such questions about this thing but I really dint got much into it, but still I would like to share up what I have been thinking about this and that is I think if you have been talking about the total installs so I think they include update and all to, so I don’t think that update would be counted in the sale may be. I know this wont be answering you question completely but I am sure that this would be giving you lots of help regarding your query and you can come up with certain own answer.

Re: Number of Installs reported by Console and the Number of Sales for Paid Apps doesn’t match?

Dear friend I have been thinking on the same query and I have some views to which I would like to come up with in this discussion I have been thinking about this query and was searching about it but as I dint got any better result I thought am the only one who has been facing the problem and this is may be not a big deal and so I took my discussion behind anyways it’s never late when you have came up with the topic I would be saying that I think the Logic and the other proofs have been proving that this is not actually possible until some cases can be true like that there may be some sort of inside information been reported personally and then I think that the Google either has been counting the Downloads, installs and the returns in the number or may be the Google has been failing to report the complete sales.

Talking about this query I would like to say that all of us lets be sure that the Google has been failing to calculate the products properly and this is the only reason for all this thing and they have to take care of this, and I don’t think any other reason has been included for problem like this. I had one of my apps access with my server in such a specific way and they have been creating a unique device identifier. I think there have been more than 100,000 + unique device which has been connecting to my server every week for android application and than what the Google has been reporting as Active install so I think this is a problem with Google itself and I think they need to work out for it.

Well I would like to share up my own ideas over this and I would like to share that up. Ok I have just uploaded one of an application which is a paid application on the site just 2 days ago and it has not been showing in the market even when 2 days have passed. I have even found that the console has been saying that it has been published but still there is nothing as I can find it in the market. And I have been using the Flurry Analytics in my application and I have found that it has been accurate over such things. And I think the problem is with the android market they have been very slow over this. And I don’t know who have known how it has been calculating on all of the stats and the active installs isn’t the same as the flurry report hope this would help you somewhat.

This is really very tough to note down where the problem has been occurring from because the problem has been faced on both the side on the android market and even on the Google so I think this would be a tough thing to make out but still I think this is a problem with the android market and they have been the culprit for all this I think I would be supporting to that the android market is very slow and they have been the one because of what all the problem has been occurred so they should be working with this and try to solve out everything.

This has been a useful thread and i have found lots of things very important and very useful, i have been uploading lots of application these days and i have found lots of trouble with this update and all so i was asking this query anyways now i am happy that people have been suggesting some useful stuffs and with that i have even found that many other developers have been facing the same problem so now i am in patient and hoping things to get better quickly.