Thread: ps3 hard drive is corrupted

ps3 hard drive is corrupted

I have purchased the ps3 two years back. Right now I am facing the problem with it. Whenever I have entered the disk in the playsation 3 it will automatically gets ejected without detecting the save files stores in the hard drive of the playstation 3. I have tried first with the call of duty black ops and it gets ejected without even gets played. Anyone has any solution for it. Is my hard drive gets corrupted. What I have to do to resolve this problem.

Re: ps3 hard drive is corrupted

I have faced such a problem in my system while trying to enter disk it can’t detect the save game files in the hard drive so I have tried this you can also try this to solve the problem. Unplug the hard disk from the console after removing it boot the console in the recovery mode. After that change the mode to the normal mode. Then try to connect the hard disk again. Now check if there is any problem. It must detect the hard drive. If it doesn’t detects perfectly then I am 100% sure that your hard disk gets corrupted.

I have this solution try this.
    • Hold down power button for the 30 second. This will force the shutdown.
    • Don’t try to turn off the ps3 directly it will cause the system failure. And can also corrupt the hard drive.
    • After turning of the ps3 try to turn it again hold down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds.
    • Menu will come up
    • Now select rebuilt database
    It will resolve your issue. Since my problem gets solved.

I think this can be happens by other problems also. It will be happening due to overheating also. So try to run the playstation 3 not for the long time. If this will doesn’t help then you have to contact the service center. Tell them problem and send your playstation to them .Since if the product is under the warranty my first suggestion is to get it replaced. They will replace the hard drive or if it has other issue then they will solve it. So replacing will be the one solution for you.