Thread: How to use GPS/a-GPS with nokia N900 ?

How to use GPS/a-GPS with nokia N900 ?

Hi, I have recently bought a new mobile phone as mentioned in the title and i uses to use the maps for routing but I don’t know how to use GPS/a-GPS with that phone rather how to integrate the same thing with the maps so that we can have the dynamic maps rather than static one. And together with that I have lost my manual that I have gotten with the device thus I cannot make use of that as well. Any suggestion to this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to use GPS/a-GPS with nokia N900 ?

See the essential thing is to have a maps installed in your phone first of all, and if you don’t have it you can have option to download it from the OVI store, but make sure that you have that otherwise you’ll not be able to integrate GPS with the map. So after installing that you have to just click on the GPS icon that you can see under the menu and you are ready to go, but ensure that you are having a active internet connection as well.

As mention by the above user you have to download the map using OVI maps loader to your nokia smartphone n900. As you install maps you have to configure the settings as well, thus just follow the below mentioned steps :

1- Go to Settings >> click on Location and beneath Network positioning

2- As you reach there you’ll too many options so from there uncheck the Enable check box.

I am not sure whether OVI maps will support the navigation or not but still according to me you should try Google maps, in fact I also uses the same and I can easily navigate to any location from wherever I am. But the surest thing is like you must have to have a good internet connection because without that you’ll not be able to access anything, because whenever we access the maps it just make use of the data plans through which it just navigates.

you can have all this information in the Nokia guide that you have to have, but as you don’t have that I would suggest you to download it from the Nokia’s website, I am sure that you’ll get the manual for sure, and if you don’t then still there are multiple websites that you can use to download the MAPs because this is the best way to know about the services rather feature provided by the mobile.

I am agree with the above user as you have to have internet connection because it involve the transmission of mass amounts of information through cellular service network. And about the data plans you can simply contact your service provider. But the most important thing is like the accessibility and correctness of GPS position services rely on wireless networks and satellite systems. Thus services may not work in every places or at all times. You should never rely exclusively on GPS products for necessary communications. And about the A-GPS, it is a network reliant characteristic and as the GPS you must have to have data plan to use it.