Thread: Time keeps changing on Nokia N900

Time keeps changing on Nokia N900

Hello friends, I am having a small problem with my Nokia N900 mobile phone. Well I ever remove the battery of my phone then when I insert it back and start the phone the time in the phone/clock goes to 6:00 am/pm. It was not happening first, it had started recently. I used to take out the battery for changing the sim card of the phone. When I do it the time and date always get messed up. I know it very well as it is small issue for you people but it is irritating again and again when I do it. So guys please help me on this. Thank you.

Re: Time keeps changing on Nokia N900

That is weird to hear such type of problem. Well I have no solution for such problem right now, but will try to find the solution for such problem and get it solve for you. Does the year in the date go back to that date when the phone was built? If it going then it might the setting of the phone be made so that whenever sim card removed or inserted that date and time goes to the default date and time. So check out in the user manual for the solution.

Well my friend I was also facing the same problem and I have also searched for the solution but I am not getting it. You are not facing other issue such as the reception issue, i.e. low or no reception, some internal errors, or application getting closed. If all these things are connected to each other; then there should be some solution to solve it. If you also some solution for it then please let know also. This problem mostly occurs with everyone and this is not like a small problem, but the people are getting use to it. Thank you.

Yes this problem occurs with many users who are using the mobile phones and also uses two sim cards in the same phone. The mobile phone are made in such a way that whenever a user remove it sim card out of the phone then the date and time and also some application settings goes to default. If you only remove the battery and inserted it back then you time and date setting won’t be changed. It only happens when you removed or change another sim. The companies have phone software such a manner for it. If you remove and insert the same sim card then also problem occurs. I think you might get I was meaning to say.

There is one way you can gain back date and other settings. Whenever you are trying to switch over form sim card to another sim card so first create the backup of all and also synchronize your calendar and contacts also. Then you just switch your sim cards. When you are done with switching your sim cards then just restore all back up from the backup file in the phone. When you will restore then you can get all your contacts and other application setting also. The date and time will be also restored so you do not have to type the date and time again.

The solution for this problem is very tough to find out. I was also having the same problem, as I am using two sim cards. As I was facing the problem every time again and again as I was switching from one sim card to the other one. I was totally messed and tired of putting the date and time again and again, so I buy a new mobile phone for the other sim card. Now I am using two different phones for sim cards. I would advice to buy a new phone for new sim card. I know my advice is little silly and crazy.