Thread: Keyboard Backlighting & Notification Light of Nokia N900 have stopped

Keyboard Backlighting & Notification Light of Nokia N900 have stopped

I am having the problem with my Nokia N900 keyboard backlight and Notification light. The backlights of the keyboard have stopped working completely and also the notifications light have stop working. I have gone thought the setting in the phone for the notification and found that the setting are been changed. The light dies not work for any of the indication for any function. The keyboard is the major issue I am facing, when I have to type something in dark night. Other than this issue I am pleased with my N900. So guys please help me to overcome the solution.

Re: Keyboard Backlighting & Notification Light of Nokia N900 have stopped

I have heard such type of problem with using of the certain applications. Such application stopped the Notification LED working, but the backlight of the keyboard does not affect with that applications. You can give a try by removing the battery and try to insert it back and start your phone then see it might get started. Notifications light get stopped with some applications and the keyboard light do not stopped. Just check your application you have installed latest, and you have show to service center for your keyboard light not working.

The backlight of the keyboard is been provided via 6 independent lights. The information of thise lights are been found in the /sys/class/leds/lp5523:kb*oslo:~# ls -l /sys/class/leds/lp5523:kb1
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Dec 20 02:34 brightness
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 20 02:21 device -> ../../i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0032
    -rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 4096 Dec 20 02:22 led_current
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Dec 20 02:21 power
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Dec 20 02:21 subsystem -> ../../leds
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Dec 20 02:21 trigger
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4096 Dec 20 02:21 uevent
    In the above loop sequential, if the brightness of each of the 6 lights located under the keyboard to 255, then it remains on and then it back to 0, then it is set to off. If you this in the dark then you can find position of the light. There is code available on the internet, just type that code for your keyboard to set it on.

I was also facing the same problem with my Nokia phone. I have installed the Firefox beta application in my phone, after that it has happened in my phone. When I uninstalled the application then I have got back my keyboard light and also the notification light. The application might switch off the keyboard backlight and the notification light. You just better looked over your applications which are installed or which you have installed latest.

Yes due to the application, it switches off the keyboard light and also the notification light of the mobile phone. If you have not installed any new application, then you search for the code which one of the user have suggested you to. When you go by the code then you will get your backlight of the keyboard, but will not be able to get the notification light. I think you better talks to the service center, if there provide with the solution then good and if you getting from there then go for the code. I hope my suggestion might help you.