Thread: Error in Sentelic touchpad

Error in Sentelic touchpad

I have purchased MSI MS-1651-ID2 notebook few months back. Right now I am facing some problems with it. Actually the problem is with the sentelic touchpad. This problem is occurring to the notebook when I have installed Linux in the notebook. First time when I run the notebook it works perfectly. But now. So the problem is when I try to scroll up also the touchpad sends key press command. Such a problem is only occurring while scrolling up if I try to scroll down and scroll horizontal it works perfectly. So what is the actual problem causing this? Can anyone provide the solution to resolve this issue?

Re: Error in Sentelic touchpad

I have also has MSI MS-1651-ID2 notebook with me and I am not facing such a problem with it. But I have default windows Vista in it. So I don’t know what will be the actual problem. But I will suggest you one solution to resolve the problem. Try to remove the Linux and again try to install it and check if the same problem arises to you. I don’t think the problem will arise again. There can be some file corruption in the linux will be causing the problem.

I am using MSI MS-1651-ID2 and I haven’t faced such problem while using it. Touchpad works perfectly for me without any problems while scrolling up. And as what I know is that MSI doesn’t providing the drivers for the linux so I don’t think it may be resolved. If you want to resolve the problem there must be appropriate driver for the touchpad since without drivers it’s not working perfectly. So I will suggest you to search for the drivers.

I have faced same problem while using Linux on MSI MS-1651-ID2. Many friends of mine told me that the touchpad is not compatible with it. But I don’t think so. It will be the problem caused by the BIOS itself. There will be some settings after doing those settings it will work perfectly so go to the bios and search for the settings there has to be some settings. Before doing those things try to search for the latest bios. And upgrade it to latest one it can solve the problem.

I will try to help you to resolve the problem. In the linux each device drive works when it will bind perfectly wit os. And we can unbind it anytime when requires. I think the touchpad is not compatible with it. So I will suggest using mouse instead of touchpad. Still if you want to try the luck to bind Sentelic touchpad follow below steps to bind. Go to console
    And do this to bind

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    echo -n auto > /sys/module/psmouse/drivers/serio\:psmouse/bind_mode
    echo serio1 > /sys/module/psmouse/drivers/serio\:psmouse/bind
    Try to run this command on the console it will bind the touch pad now try to use it it must work perfectly now.

I have the MSI MS-1651-ID2 with me from around the year. It’s working perfectly without any problems for me. I haven’t faced problem with the touchpad also. I think you have to search the drivers but I don’t think it will be available. So the problem will be with the touchpad itself. So try to check if the same problem will be caused when the windows xp is running. Check it if it causing the same problem then try to call the service center about the problem of touchpad and change it from them.

I have faced same problem while using my notebook with Linux operating system. Same problem with the touchpad which is not working perfectly. Whenever I tried to get work but it will send one more command extra of click event. Yes this problem is actually happening due to the device is not yet enabled in Linux or has some enabling problem. So try this
    • Start the terminal of linux which is the command prompt of linux
    • Now type xinput list it will show all the devices detected by the operating system.
    • Now select the device of touchpad it can be anything assume that it is 10.
    • You have to disable the touchpad if its enable which you can do with this
    • xinput set-prop 10 "Device Enabled" 0
    • Now again re-enable the touchpad using
    • xinput set-prop 10 "Device Enabled" 1

Now check if touchpad is working perfectly or not.