Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-08-2011

is blackberry 9900 is faster than galaxy s2 with regards to sun spider ?

Hi, I am using blackberry from last couple of months and as I heard about the newer operating system called OS7 which has very good features and no doubt with better looks as well, but the thing that made me confuse is like will it be faster at sun spider benchmark compare to galaxy S2? Because they both have this facility thus which one would be better? And as this is just associated with the browser thus will work with the default one only or with any other browsers as well. Thanks for any suggestion.
Old 13-08-2011

Re: is blackberry 9900 is faster than galaxy s2 with regards to sun spider ?

I would say its depend on the browser that we used in the mobile, I mean to say you can simply test the sun spider with the browser you uses then only you can simply figure out which one is better, because that?s quite unfair if I say BB is good with this capability, because I have tested the same with my Motorola droid with three different browsers such as Stock, Dolphin, xScope and really I feel this is the fastest phone I have ever tested.
Old 13-08-2011

I am pretty unsure about the above user because it might be possible that he didn?t ever check the same with the BB mobile, because as far as I know with the most recent firmware, I got the Bold 9900 whole Sun Spider test in 3146ms. And I have compare the time with all other device as well and that clearly says that it is the fastest phone tested ever, and this is really unbelievable, you should have a glance at least.
Old 13-08-2011

Wow that sounds pretty much awesome, and I am also using the same mobile, but I haven?t tried this firmware ever before so will you please let me know which version you are using that has this much of speed, and please recommend me the browser that I can use to test the same because after all it is all depends on that only. And really this is quite astonishing like the BB would lead it competitor with the browser as well, though I know about the playbook and now this one really very good.
Old 13-08-2011

You should try dolphin browser as this would give you the performance that you are expecting from the phone, I am also using the same browser though I have different phone, but if you are planning to try some other as well than you can have option to try Xcope as well in your phone, I am not sure from where you can get this, but this doesn?t matter as you can have option to search the internet.
Old 13-08-2011

This is basically Bundle 1465 v7.0.0.296 firmware that you can update in your BB phone so that you can have better performance at whatever you concern. And when I was searching on the internet and made some test through that only I came to know that BB OS7 Browser ranks second and that?s quite good in fact I would say not bad, and as the above user mentioned it wholly depends on the browser, and sun spider is just a benchmark, that doesn?t test the browser according to its own parameter.
Old 14-08-2011

that?s the point you have said correctly, i mean to say though you test whichever browser through any benchmark but still it will provide you the result according to their parameter, and though you may get two different results with two different benchmark for the same browser. Thus I would say you should make use of the browser which is more comfortable to use, not the one which is recommended through such a test.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,