Thread: Need to upgrade my AMD E-350 net book

Need to upgrade my AMD E-350 net book

Hi guys. I have a problems related to my netbook. Actually, A long back ago I was planning to buy a notebook with best of the configurations. And I get solutions to buy a ASUS 1215B net book AMD E-350 processor and AMD Hudson Chipset. . Its impress me a lots. So I have bought the netbook. But by using it for a long ago, I find I might miss out some things. Actually I want to upgrade my Ram which is of only 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz. But don’t what should I do. Even I want to know does the E-350 supports Dual Channel. I even find that E-350 supports only 1066 MHz of DDR3, so should I buy 1066 MHz or 1333 MHz? Please help me to sort out the things. Thanks for the help in advance.

re: Need to upgrade my AMD E-350 net book

I strongly believe that the net book you are using is the best in terms of netbook. Are you really required wanted to upgrade your netbook. I don’t think so. But never mind I have a solutions .for your first requirement You need to see what your motherboard will support as far as how many sticks, what speed, latency, voltage and size amount (2GB, 4GB, etc). Can you please list the make and model of your laptop so that I can actually sort out the things? For your second requirements again, we need to know the make and model of your laptop to get the better deal with it , but generally speaking if your motherboard support DDR2 it is best to have 2 or 4 sticks of RAM so that you are running in dual channel mode. May this will sort out the things for the better understanding.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Sorry to give you full descriptions but I really missed out the things. Actually my My motherboard has 2 slots for RAM, supports up to 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz at 1.5V. The model is the model is ASUS 1215B and the processor is AMD Fusion APU E350 1.6GHz (dual core) with integrated graphics AMD® Radeon HD 6310. It has a chipset of AMD Hudson M1. As I say earlier it has a memory ram about 2GB DDR3 1333 MHz running at 1066Mhz.This seems to be full specifications with my best of knowledge. If I have missed out something let me know. If possible reply soon .Thank you.

Thanks for the full specifications. You really have given all the possibilities required for the things. Except you model number. May I know your model number? First things I want to clear from my side is that memory is one of the main areas of a net book where system manufacturers can jack up the price. So there is always a possibility to switch to your ram.

Thanks for the reply. I am really watch full for the reply and Sorry, because I couldn’t provide you the model number, and it’s not possible for me since I have lost the model number. Is there any way to find the model number? But the suggestions was useful, they only put in one stick of RAM!! I would have guessed that they would have installed 2 sticks so that it would be running in dual channel mode off-the-shelf, hmmm. Can you post up a memory slot specifications of the "Memory" and "SPD" tabs please? I just want to make sure that I am up to speed with what you got.

You can upgrade the CPU, but you will have to void its warranty for that. Also cooling needs won't suite and your processor or may be the motherboard can be burnt. If you are new to this then don't try it yourself... I would not recommend you to upgrade the CPU...