Thread: “back” button in blackberry bold 9900 not working

“back” button in blackberry bold 9900 not working

Recently I have purchased a new blackberry bold 9900. I like this phone very much. I have installed many applications. Yesterday I was installing applications in the phone and hence the phone rebooted many times. Just after installing I noticed that the back button isn’t working. I am not able to navigate back from one thing to another. It shows only the list of applications that are open. What do I do? I don’t know what is wrong with my blackberry bold 9900 phone. I used to feel like a proud blackberry owner but I don’t feel one. Any suggestions regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Re: “back” button in blackberry bold 9900 not working

I think you should try to do a hard reset. It actually formats the drive of your phone. Also removes all the data from memory. All the applications which are installed on the phone will be removed to reset the performance better to have a backup of your data. You can do this by entering * # 7370 # code on your phone. I hope this will solve your problem. Check whether the back button is working now or not if not do reply the post.

I think it is surely some hardware problem. Did your blackberry bold 9900 fall from height pr did you mishandle it? The reason behind this is that if your phone has fallen, some damage may have cause to the circuits since the circuits are quite sensitive and because of which your button of blackberry has got corrupted. Thus keypad circuits may have been damaged but I am not sure about this. You can show your phone to the retailer and may he help you to repair the phone. Hope this solves the problem.

I think you have to flash your blackberry 9900. By doing flashing you can remove bug and can reset your mobile phone. Before flashing take a back up of your mobile phone data to save it, otherwise due to flashing all your data in phone memory will delete. You can also ask the blackberry guys by calling them to give you some assistance regarding this problem.

I would suggest you a simple diagnosis. Just remove the front cover of the mobile phone and then the keypad itself. After you are done with this just take a cloth and clean it. Please ensure that the cloth is a cleaned one. It often happens that cleaning sometimes fix this minor problems. See if this works and if it does not then there is no other option other than visiting the technician.

I think there is some serious issue with the software. I think there is a software failure that you are facing. I would recommend you to install the fresh operating system on your blackberry. I had this issue with my nokia phone, my button was not working. My problem was solved after installing the operating system. I hope this solves yours too. You can search more information regarding this and find some solution.

It is possible that your blackberry bold 9900 is facing some virus attacks. I would suggest you to scan your phone using computer and usb. Remove few unnecessary applications from the phone which you never use. Try formatting the memory card. Also I would suggest you take your phone to some near hardware shop where you can get an idea why is the problem happening. It could also be that you have been roughly handling the back button and because of which it now has become faulty. You can replace your phone by going to the blackberry store. I hope your phone is in warranty period. I hope this helps. Thank you