Thread: unable to access files in file manager of nokia N900

unable to access files in file manager of nokia N900

Recently I have purchased a nokia cell phone. I like using nokia phones and I always have had fun using them. I have installed many applications, songs and videos in my cell phone. I have all my data’s in a 2gb memory card. I was able to access all the data’s till two days back. From past two days I am not able to access any of my data’s. It has become very irritating now that I can view all my files and folders in the file manager but when I try to access it, it doesn’t happen. I am not able to access my files in the file manager and they are not available when I try to use them.

Re: unable to access files in file manager of nokia N900

Firstly tell me what is your nokia phone model? Is there any error message that you are getting? What type of files are you trying to use. I would request you mention these details in the next post so that people can get more idea about the issue and would be able to reply you effectively. Generally as you are saying that there are music and video files, then it should show up and should play. I think there is some virus problem in your phone.

Well like whatever you have mentioned it seems to me that database files have got corrupted. This kind of problems happens many a times. I would suggest you to format your memory card. You can store all your memory card files in the pc and then you can obtain them later in the memory card after formatting it. I hope you know how to take the data from phone to pc and via. If you don’t then I would request you to reply back with it.

According to me it seems to be a virus attack so I would recommend you to hard reset your nokia phone once. In your nokia phone, Enter the code: *#7370# and then press Yes (may be green button). I would say that when you are about to hard reset before that make sure that you have saved all your information like contacts. This way you can reset your phone. It will switch on and then try to access the files. I hope it works.

Well I would suggest you to try this one. Try to open the terminal application and run this command- tracker processes –r. this will allow you to wipe off the entire file Meta information. This will cause the phone to rescan all the data stored in the memory card. Remember that if you have many files stored in the memory card then it might take long time to rescan. I hope after this you are able to access the files in the file manger.

Well I was also having the same problem some time back. I am also a nokia fan. Even I was not able to access my files present in the file manager. I had done a lot of searches regarding the issue but none helped. So one of my friends told me to try running the command tracker processes –r in the terminal application. Make sure that there is only one space between the tracker processes –r. if it doesn’t work for you then I think you should call the nokia customer guys to help you.

I think there is some serious issue with your phone. Try to restart your phone and then try. I hope it works. Try to move files from one place to another. It could be some software failure for sure. I would suggest you to install the latest firmware on your phone. You can download update for your phone from the internet and get it installed. Try to access files later on as I think you will be able to do that. I hope my suggestions helps. You can also contact the phone dealer from where you had purchased it.