Thread: SNES vs. Mega Drive

SNES vs. Mega Drive

I want here to start the comparison of the Mega Drive and the SNES. For me, I like the Mega Drive as compared to the SNES as I can say that it is having superior games as well as more fun. Anyway, this was my view about this and I want all of you to share your view for this. I wish that we will have good discussion on this topic. Thank you in advance for reading this and sharing your thoughts.

Re: SNES vs. Mega Drive

I am not agree with the Megadrives competencies however NIN. Megadrive in of the higher clock rate would be able to realize more on screen. Take boulevards of rage vs final fight. Avenues of anger had more going on, with no slack. SNES further might be laggy at times in particular with the more expansive diversions. Notwithstanding the reality the SNES's GFX as standard were a cut above the mega drive, Sega made the SVP chip.

To return to my diversion illustrations I consider Sonic far additional apleasing to the eye than Mario, as you have admited yourself awhile ago Side scrolling battling amusements on the megadrive are far superior. Be that as it may warriors like Street Fighter and MK need to played on the SNES, thats actually where they have a place. Allthough I could express that there was more poo amusements on the SNES than the megadrive. That terrible robot battling recreation rings a bell and Sea mission DSV.

You can't really compare exclusive titles since they're unique to a system which is why they tend to look amazing and are generally great. But I agree, exclusive back then is what made those consoles. I remember playing my first game on the SNES and that is why today I still enjoy games. Endless hours have been spent on super Mario world, super Mario kart. I couldn’t careless for which console had more add-ons or power the SNES had character and one hell of a good library of games.

There are games to match them in quality on the megadrive. Again I come back to their best Exclusives like Sonic and Knuckles, Streets of Rage 2. As for the multi-platforms yep Street fighter and MK sucked on anything other than the SNES, Oh and don’t forget Killer Instinct. Like SNES was the king of Fighter consoles. And some of the other games although they may have been graphically better (only marginally) but as I said some also lagged slightly.

The SNES is basically the most stupendous 16bit support, and as likely as not reassure ever made. It was King of the 2D time, and for me, the just gaming machine to approach is the Amiga 500, and that doesn't consider blatantly it’s a home workstation simultaneously. Don't get me wrong, I prize the Megadrive simultaneously. Sonic amusements are nice (if a touch shallow and oversimplified), and you had the scrolling beat ups but the SNES had such a large number of exceptional recreations, which stand up well right up 'til the present time.