Thread: Nokia N900 e-mail setting

Nokia N900 e-mail setting

I have a problem with Nokia N900 setting. I got a pop-up displaying “user-name or password is in correct” and display to edit my imap4 setting whenever I get connect with my wifi but with e-mail I have no problems when I am connect to the y-mobile data service. I setup my e-mail through the e-mail setting on the main menu and I have e-mail with hotmail and gmail but its works fine on both the data plan. Does anyone help me out . Please help.

Re: Nokia N900 e-mail setting

I too had the problem. I like to suggest you in two ways. First one , Either use nokia messaging , firstly it makes easier to use and also allow you to use the tmo network or wifi. Second one is simple but might not be acceptable, pay for your pop/imap services through. Unhappily, when you get connect to wifi, then it is no longer going be "mobile" with the service at yahoo, and thier pop/imap service will be a pay-for-usage product in order to use other products to get your email. The problem is the imap settings on your mobile.

I would recommend you to try to connect with your tmo network on that account, or using the nokia messaging product which is free. Also, you may have issues sending outbound email on the tmo network. You may need to go in and use the tmo email settings through their website. For the setting like these after you have it set up. outgoing server: myemail.t-mobile.com login: 5552221234: password: test1234 with no security and default ports

The problem which you face is near about my problem. But I device play normal now . I even got my yahoo mail in my Nokia N900 but I didn’t using Yahoo mail currently. The things which create diffence is I have made "other" option and manually put in these for pop.mail.yahoo.com (incoming mail server ) and for outgoing mail server (SMTP): Type smtp.mail.yahoo.com hope these help it out.

if you are using tmobile in the USA, then you will need to go to the tmobile website:login, connect and share, configure email, setup my email, go through setting it up and then get the settings that pertain to it. The setting seems like login: : 8885551212:1 and password: test1234, my-email:t-mobile.com and then check for the email from your Nokia n900. Set the secure connection: None save the settings. Exit out to email and try to send an email form your yahoo account.

This is yahoos new instructions forgetting mail on mobile devices: For all other mobile devices, supply the following information, if prompted: Incoming Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com Outgoing Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com Incoming Port - 993 (requires SSL) Outgoing Port - 465 (requires SSL) Username: full email address (bill@yahoo.com) Password: is the password you login to Yahoo!.
    I found the information from yahoo at the mobile yahoo mail website they won't let the link be posted here. Might this will help out your problems.

After doing a long search I found yahoo mail working on my Nokia N900. The first steps is create and signup in your Nokia Messaging account. On your Nokia N900 click E-mail in the main menu Create Nokia messaging account first with the "New Account" option select your Region India, Service Provider: Nokia Messaging then click next User name: your nokia user name Password :your nokia password then connects with service provider and in the E-mail tab you can see NM account created. Now Edit the Nokia messaging account. Go to Mailboxes, then Add Mailboxes (Click) now it’s possible to create the accounts.Its working fine for me. Hope it satisfies the needs of many N900 owners...