Thread: Sony Vaio Laptop shows numbers in place of some letters during typing.

Sony Vaio Laptop shows numbers in place of some letters during typing.

Hello everyone, I have a slight problem with my Sony Vaio laptop. Whenever I type some letters on my laptop it doesn’t show and instead numbers are being shown on the laptop. It is really annoying and I need to use the keyboard often and cannot use it because of the problem. 7this is wha7t i7t 7types like 7t 5r 9u for some of my keys like for t,r and u. It also happens for many other keys as well, so please help me with these problem. I’ve checked numlock key but still it won’t change.

Re: Sony Vaio Laptop shows numbers in place of some letters during typing.

It is a strange occurrence for keyboard to type like this. Have you checked for virus with a latest antivirus? Or it may be some problem with malware. Malware usually comes due to internet and applications downloaded from the net. Anti-Malware Bytes is a freeware which you can find on the net that searches for all the malware and adware on your computer that are potentially harmful. Just check it and tell me what’s the problem.

No, it is not the problem of any virus or malware. This is a common problem among laptops and you can easily solve it no time. Well, in keyboard simply turning numlock off changes it but in laptop it is a common occurrence just pressing a NumLock key won’t turn it off. On some Gateway notebook computers, for example, you toggle the NumLock function by pressing Fn+Scroll Key. In other words, you hold down the Fn key while pressing and releasing the Scroll key. Toggle means the keystroke turns the function on it it’s off or vice-versa. This should stop your laptop’s problem.

Yeah, toggling the Function key Fn helps you solve the problem that you have mentioned. But the key to be pressed along with Fn is different for different models of laptop. For Sony it is Fn+Scroll key, for Samsung and Toshiba it is Fn+F11 and for HP it should be fn + Num lock to toggle the numlock. Strangely I’ve seen a new problem with some laptops where no matter what you type it converts in to a series of numbers in order. It happens mostly when playing games online.

The problem above about random numbers showing instead of any order of letters while online is definitely work of malware you have got inside your computer. I searched for the problem and the solution has been found. It’s a suspicious program or malware which has been accidently been installed on your system known as GaurdedID. Just uninstall the darn thing and your problem will be solved. Constant guard has the option to disable the anti-key logging feature which causes the problem.

Thank you so much for the constant guard solution, I had the same problem with ascending numbers being typed instead of letters. This makes it difficult to play downloaded games or playing it on the internet. Example when playing mine craft hitting letters will just scroll through the numbers. I uninstalled as u said and now it is working again perfectly. Thank you once again for giving a valuable tip.