Thread: Can I view files on a network share with playbook on windows 7

Can I view files on a network share with playbook on windows 7

Hi guys I have bought a brand new blackberry play book recently and I am wondering if I can able to view my pictures and able to share any files for that matter on my playbook from network share on a windows 7 machine. I would hate the idea of moving the file. I am new with my blackberry playbook and don’t know any of its networking feature and I was hoping that anyone of you would help me on this regard. Please share any information that is available with you that would really helpful

re: Can I view files on a network share with playbook on windows 7

I don’t know about networking in blackberry playbook but for the security reason I would say no if you transfer via WiFi but if you are that in need to transfer the file on to your blackberry playbook then I would suggest you to go for the USB option that would be serve you cause I know not most of the people would like to us USB to transfer the files and photo. I would wonder if there any apps that can possible to do this via WiFi . that would be ideal as just sit with the friends and show picture for the computer directly .but I don’t know if it possible now

I never consider about the accessing my computer on my blackberry playbook before reading this thread but I think I am able to do that and probably this method would also help your cause , I think I should be able to access my computer files that I have stored on my Seagate GoFlex home network drive on my blackberry playbook all I need to do is just login to my account on the web so that I can access my drive trough that . the website uses flash but that ok as far as I am able to share my photo , movies , document to my blackberry playbook . see if this technique works for you

I don’t know whether this is going to help you or not but on under storage and setting choose file sharing ON and WiFi sharing ON When I check my router I see an connection some number in IP configure but the name of the device is blank then I have named the device under the Network Identification. Now I can browse through WiFi my computer files in my Blackberry playbook just entering that IP number after 2 blackslash (\\) . I hope it would turn up with a name below my router admin screen. I can map this as a network drive so it shows up in Windows.