Thread: Antec HCG 750 VS Silencer 760W

Antec HCG 750 VS Silencer 760W

I am picking up a power supply for my i5-2500K based system, with potential SLI (double GTX 560Ti). At this very moment, I have limited my quest to either Antec HCG 750W or the PC Power and Cooling Silencer 760W. I am inclining a small in the direction of Antec, in spite of the fact that the Silencer is Silver appraised. Any considerations on which of the two would be preferable? Notwithstanding with the goal that I could probably strive for the right cooler and much obliged in development.

Re: Antec HCG 750 VS Silencer 760W

Antec is no stranger to excellent power supplies. Over the years people have viewed their TruePower Quattro and Signature Series get heightened acclaim all opposite the network. Both of which are aimed for those that need the finest in power supply engineering to ensure their valuable PC segments. Particularly for the gamers that run double, or more, realistic cards as they could positively profit from the value of such power supplies.

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760 W is a relabeled Seasonic S12D 750 W unit, but with a back 80 mm fan as a substitute for utilizing 120 mm model and a one +12 V rail as a substitute for two +12 V rails. Its highlights combine the utilization of a DC configuration, 80 Plus Silver affirmations, and 836 W crest wattage.

While Antec's late High Current Pro are unquestionably astonishing units, depending on if you don't essentially require all that crude capacity, you might be inquiring does Antec have anything alternate unique PSUs worth researching?" Oh, we're happy you asked! As it hopefully happens, they have moreover taken off the High Current Gamer progression as an elective to the HCP models. These aren't an unpleasantly de-tuned model either, as you still have numerous GPU underpin, the same top notch fabricate and numerous 12v rails. On top of that, the looks of the proposed gamer models, is pretty dam alluring! So with that, we are satisfied to present to you the HCG-750 or the 750W model from the revamped Antec High Current Gamer line.

Admitting that PC Power & Cooling shows this unit is just affirmed to uphold a couple of GeForce GTX 470s, it had no discomfort driving out a few GTX 580s well beneath its Silencer 760W ceaseless power ceiling. We measured respectable numbers from the divider, however it needs to be noted that the unit's 80mm raise mounted fumes fan produces more uproar than most incredibly different units, even at idle.

Antec has beyond any doubt done it again they have devised a workable plan to compose a truly particularly astounding capacity supply. The HCG-750 was fabricated by Delta which is a positive mark that the unit is absolutely fantastic work in progress. It helps four rails at 40 amps each with a joined capacity rating of 750 watts (62.5A). It is of non secluded plan so link administration might be cunning but depending on if you are acquiring this towering capacity of unit I could envisage you should be utilizing the majority of the connectors. To make link administration more straightforward they made the 4 PCI-E links down into several chains 1 for each GPU, you should not be powering more then a few GPU's with this unit so that makes a point not to represent any improvement then having 4 disconnect secluded links indeed I like it preferable this method.

Even though PC Power & Cooling shows this unit is just affirmed to back a couple of GeForce GTX 470s, it had no inconvenience driving our a few GTX 580s well beneath its 760W persistent capacity roof. We measured respectable numbers from the divider, however it needs to be noted that the unit's 80mm raise mounted fumes fan produces more din than most drastically different units, even out of gear.