Thread: Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

Hi people I am bit curious about this new OS update to 1.0.6.2390 with flash and I did really find any change but now when I login to Skype its work through imo.im only voice is working but cannot see if video working as its dose not working for me but I am still happy that at least my voice on Skype is working but I would be glad if my video chatting is also working I have played every setting that is available to this regard but not yet reached to any solution. Dose any one assist me to this regard . si it possible to have video chat anyone doing it please assist .

re: Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

I am also facing this same problem since I have updated my OS. I am able to have a voice but fail to get video feeds. I was one able to pull out the settings when I have initiates a chat and selected between the front camera and rear camera. Its seems to be right everything but I can see me but can’t see the other person on my screen and the same was with the other person he also unable to see me but the voice was working fine and clear . I cant find any solution regarding to this and since then I am unable to use my Skype video services .

re: Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

Don’t have any problem with video chatting. First I has problem with video but has voice working fine same as you and my initial though that there is a bug on this release and after some time mine started to work properly I really unable to remember it that how I did it to work but I have played with it for while and here it stated to work. I don’t want to reverse engineer it because i don’t want it would stop working again but I would suggest you to play with the setting and like me you will also find something good out of it

I won’t say it’s not working for me exactly but had somewhat same kind of issue of video not working I fine a solution may be its work for you. Use my own WiFi network ans what I did is I created two different account and logged on with the same WiFI network that it its work pretty good and will work even better if both of us using the imo.im skype rather than the regular Skype client . the quality of video is not too bad and audio quality is very much fine . the front camera of blackberry playbook is actually have a good quality

I have no issue using Skype on imo I will tel you how do I login in my skype see if you missing any thing and fix it latter what is do is I go to imo site using my blackberry playbook browser an login with skype id and password and then your contact list will appear click on the name you want to connect to . press and hole call key for little second till the window popup shows voice call and video call. Then you could choose what you want to do if you chose voice call the call connect directly. For video you need the other user to click a link on skype to access the imo.im video call interface.

Re: Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

Yes it is true that Skype has some issue with video chatting and I am not the only one to deals with it as per you said I have played around with the setting and all I did is log out and re login , close and open browser, played with the imo.im in chat settings. The people with whom I initiated video chat with never confirm me about receiving any kind of link coming up. is that my playbook have any issue and I am and would that bound to only video chatting with other flash enabled devices.

Re: Skype video call stopped working after updating Blackberry Playbook OS to 1.0.6.2390

Something is wrong with Skype as far as blackberry playbook is concern I am trying to use the Skype but not reached to any result. I also did experiment with my laptop and my blackberry playbook with same WiFi network using different Skype users I could able to answer the call receive from laptop but not able to make call from my blackberry playbook nothing happens . And when the call connected only audio works but no video feed available and I was able to choose front camera but its only show me in by playbook but unable to send the feed to the laptop and same is the case while receiving feed from laptop. Hopes this got sorted quickly