Thread: Hard reset issue in Nokia E7

Hard reset issue in Nokia E7

I own a Nokia E7 mobile and recently I have reset issues with it. Its very nice mobile and I am enjoying with it but while resetting my Nokia E7 mobile only the setting restored. I tried to erase and reset it by dialing *#7370#. My Nokia E7 software version is PR1.1 o14.002. Any ideas how to reset the netire phone?

Re: Hard reset issue in Nokia E7

After reading your question and doing some research over the internet I came to conclusion that it might be due to User data preservation i.e. Udp. If you require to need all data than remember to backup your all important data. It is not a clever decision since it removes definite components from your Nokia E7 such as the Ovi store as well as some other important applications. Just search hard reset on the boards and then perform hard reset.

I think I can help you with the hard reset in your Nokia E7 mobile. First go to Settings from menu and in that select phone in phone select the phone management option. In Phone management option you will find 5 options from that choose Factory settings. If you choose Factory settings than there are 2 sub options such as Restore and Delete data and restore. You have to select Restore for hard reset and the next option is for soft reset which will only restore settings. Just keep in mind that before reset you take all necessary backup of your data.

I am aware of another way to reset your Nokia E7 mobile. But before doing that remember to take back up of your important data including contact and message sync with the Ovi suite. Follow the steps as I recommend:
    Press and hold the below keys-
    1. Menu key
    2. Volume down key
    3. Camera key
    4. And last power button key.

Hold them until you feel your phone vibrates, release the power button and keep holding the other three keys until you see the Logo of Nokia. After performing these all your data will be wiped out from your mobile.

I tried the above reset method and my Nokia E7 successfully land reset but the problem I am facing due to hard reset is that I am unable to open my Ovi store. I have searched on internet and found that after reset some qt file are deleted as eel as some Ovi store settings, so this resulted me to unable to open the Ovi store.

I recommend you to re-install firmware from Ovi suite. You can do it by going to the dial option and type *#7780# 3. *#7370# then press ok. This will restore data from phone management menu and the UDP too gives up and your data is deleted. Hope my suggestion and steps help you to reset your phone. If it does not help than contact your vendor.

I recommend you to re-install firmware from Ovi suite. You can do it by going to the dial option and type *#7780# 3. *#7370# then press ok. This will restore data from phone management menu and the UDP too gives up and your data is deleted. Hope my suggestion and steps help you to reset your phone. If it does not help than contact your vendor.

l33t Hard reset and ovi store issue in Nokia E7 and n8

Question:- How to reset nokia n8 and e7 and get everything back to work?

Answer:-
    1. Menu key,
    2. Volume down key,
    3. Camera key,
    4. And last power button key.
    Hold them until you feel your phone vibrates, release the power button and keep holding the other three keys until you see the Logo of Nokia. After performing these all your data will be wiped out from your mobile.

Now when your phone restarts, you wont have ovi store and some other stuff there. to install ovi store, open web browser on your e7 or n8. click on link ovi or type www.ovi.com. after the link is open than click on go to ovi store and it will ask you to download ovi store. download and install it and good to go.