Thread: Is tablet good for eyes when reading the PDF files and annotations ?

Is tablet good for eyes when reading the PDF files and annotations ?

Hi I am planning to have a gadget which I can simply carry over different place and use them, and when I say about my usage I would say I am very fascinated to read the PDF files with the laptop I have, and which is quite good, but however it is larger as compare to the tablet PC so I am planning to have that one. But will it affect my eyes when I read the PDF files on that? Or do I prefer any other device such as Slate, Convertible or Ultra Mobile PC? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Is tablet good for eyes when reading the PDF files and annotations ?

I would say no as you can make use of the tablets rather than the laptop, no doubt laptop is also good but still both of them uses different strategies while concerning their screen. And today’s tablets comes with the AMOLED screen which is quite better than the capacitive screen, that will not affect the eyes as you read the PDF on that, with maximum time. and then all comes with very good screen resolution that will improve the user’s practice effortlessly.

I am quite agree with the above user as you should not worry about the fact that you have written in your title, and while having any of the gadget just have a glance to its specification and the features and then only have one them. Because as far as I know they all comes with the same screen, and off course there are many ways through which you can improve your user experience according to your convenience.

See there are multiple options that you can make use of, such as if you are not familiar with the higher contrast or the brightness then you can simply adjust them however you need, because no device gives you guarantee as the product will not affect any body part, this is exclusively depends on ourselves how to make use of such a device. If you are not comfortable with higher brightness then you should decrease it, but if you are using the same then however the tablet would be but surely it will affect your eyes.

you can prefer any of the device that you have mentioned in the question but still tablets are in the bang thus I would like to suggest you to have that one only. And off course you should try to get all the information about the product as what are the features it gives with the hardware specification it has and then only choose any one of them. And as the above user mentioned you should not worry about the side effects.

i was also worried once about the same thing because I have seen that the PDF pages are actually white thus it just papers with very higher intensity, so at this moment we should prefer to decrease the brightness so that our eyes can tolerate the intensity easily, and while watching the movies you can simply again increase it as per your convenience. But don’t ever purchase the Ultra Mobile PC, because surely it may cost you more and you’ll not be able to do all that things that you are expecting.

Thanks for the suggestion, but still will you please help me to choose any one tablet for myself, because as I was reading other threads about the same thing then I came to know that we should first of all go through the guide, but still when I was looking the same it was making me more confused after reading the specifications. And there are multiple brands offering the same hardware with lot more difference in their price, can you explain me why so?