Thread: Novel development tool Storybook application for Eee Note

Novel development tool Storybook application for Eee Note

Now that the EEE Note is unlock for progress. I was tiresome to come up with a few probable applications I'd like to see on this. The list is short so far Comic viewer and to Do List. But one I am previously looking into is a novel growth tool Storybook as I am a (very) part-time novelist (nothing published, and a lot of things 'not quite finished'). I'm previously out a DB Schema and looking into SQLite. What to do next?

Re: Novel development tool Storybook application for Eee Note

For a comic viewer, it would seem trouble-free. Just download, condense, rename the extension to cbz, and then use a program like calibre to change it to epub. Or just run off it as is, I'm very sure the Eee note can read images. But it wouldn't be a perfect display place to read comics anyways, except they were manga, because of the lack of color.

Has somebody had a look at Einstein? It’s an Apple Newton emulator for Windows, OSX and Linux which could be an appealing good application for the Eee Note because of the handwriting recognition and such. There is a drawing application called MyPaint which has already been ported to Maemo. Does this mean it could work on the eeeNote? I have no programming skill whatsoever, but I am always in search of drawing/painting applications.

I'm not sure about what version of Qt is used and what the requirements are for porting software’s over, but there are two notations, or scorewriter application that are written in Qt and it might be simple to harbor: Canorus and NoteEdit. Also if anyone can give me some pointers in trying to port applications to the eee Note I might give it a try myself

Installing the devkit and compiling the instance program (qtsolitaire) for my Ubuntu desktop is not a trouble, but for a non programmer like me porting incredible to the eeenote is. Would someone be involved to explain the other part of porting? So what steps would I need to take to port Frotz. Download Frotz software for free at SourceForge.net? A C based program that only depends on ncurses as library, so shouldn't be too hard to port I guess?

Outstanding 2d animation software on QT that is perhaps effortless to port (not many dependencies) is Pencil. The trouble with the eee note at the moment is the lack of proper pencil emulation when sketching. The evasion notes app has only single tool that picks up force- the ink pen. It affects only the width of the line. We need software with a brush that picks up pressure and applies it both to the thickness of the line and its opacity.

I got qt originator installed and also got the devkit (as explained in the tutorials at freenote.org). Now what do I Do? There are on using qt creator and after compiling- packaging the software. The whole thing seems to be sprinkled around this forum and without circumstance its firm to understand what you guys are talking about. A lesson at the website will be much respected. I am also wondering if there is a vector drawing application out there that is both insubstantial and for qt. Even lacking pressure sensitivity such a thing would be extremely helpful for fast inking illustration- just with a pencil tool (like the one in inkscape) with horizontal set to 25-30. The excellent thing about vector graphics is that its simple to dirt free up the illustration from building lines and the end result is great for additional work in extra drawing software.