Thread: Information about merging free PDF with annotations for Eee Note

Information about merging free PDF with annotations for Eee Note

At the Eee Note only a little information is stored in available databases. Most in sequence lies in the client directory of the internal SD card. At first I've used the backup of the Eee Note where the handwritten explanations are stored as png images. There is a "remark" file that stores the information about the zoom level and the page the png belongs to. At primary duplicate the content of the unique pdf page (content and size) to a new page of the new pdf. Because the png has supplementary margins for annotations, I have to place the layer at the accurate location and scale the declaration to the page resolution. Then I add the layer (as canvas) to the new pdf page. For comments this is much more difficult to find the right position. Please give necessary suggestions.

Re: Information about merging free PDF with annotations for Eee Note

I would like information about the program that combines freehand annotations and bookmarks (notes) made the Eee note with the PDF as layers and comments. The source can be a backup made with the "Eee Note Sync" software or directly to a PDF in Note Eee. Backup: To use this program has a backup of the contents of your letter Eee with "Eee Note Sync" software. Then start the program and select a PDF file in the backup folder "EeeNoteBackup" and define the location and name of the new PDF file.

More information about the Eee Note: Simply connect the Eee Note in sync mode and leave the "Note Eee Sync" software, because it blocks the necessary ports. Then start the program and click the "Eee Note" to choose the input source. Note Because the Eee shows wide margins in the reader, you can choose to generate a pdf with wide margins (white non-truncated). After that, click "Merge with PDF annotations" to generate a new PDF file with annotations in layers.

In addition, the laptops can be exported from the Eee Note and save as PDF. If "gifs SD card use" is SELCT, the tool looks exported gifs (one page notebook exported by the option in the "Note" in the implementation of the Eee Note) in the SD card. To use the option to "image analysis", the "gsdll32.dll" of GPL Ghostscript (v.8.64 older 32-bit) is required.
    1. If you haven’t installed a 32-bit version of Ghostscript, download and install it from the official website.
    2. Copy of "gsdll32.dll" installation of Ghostscript in the program folder FPDFAM next to the "Free_PDF_Annotation_Merger_for_eee_Note.exe."
    3. Now, the option to "image analysis" is available.

After downloading than proceed with the Options "PDF Merge" Tab: add annotation margins: cause larger sized PDF that corresponds to the aspect ratio of the Eee Note display. Include handwritten annotations-Scribbled notes are fused to the PDF as layers. Consist of comments- Bookmarkst taken at 100 % are additional to the PDF (experimental). PDF was cropped on Eee Note-Check for PDFs that are cropped when displaying at the Eee Note. In text analysis- Text is taken into account (for text PDFs) and in image analysis- Rendered PDF is analyzed to find white margins.

Is it achievable that you have these pdfs on your sd card? If so, the only opportunity, I know, is to use the EeeNoteSync software to transfer the pdf to the internal memory (Content Management -> Move to Eee Note). If you do the backup later, the asusbook/private entries should be in the backup. I know that this answer is not very convenient but I don't know how to take out the in sequence out of the Eee Note directly. Maybe an important person knows how to contact the "asusbook/private" folder on the Eee Note, maybe with telnet.

I have tried testing the python script by myself from the beginning of the peek. Within thread and exposed the process to get the pdf and annotation information directly from the eee note. I will try adding this feature to my FPDFAM but as workaround you can use the script, install python and extract with the FOLDER_ID 34 all annotation information and with 1 the pdf files on your sd card.