Thread: How to use Nokia N9 as developer device

How to use Nokia N9 as developer device

Hey hi, I had recently purchased Nokia N9, before few days. Now I am thinking this smart phone to use as the developers device. But still I am not sure that can I use it as my developer’s device or not? If someone have the knowledge about this then please reply me. If yes that, I can use it as developers device then I would like to know about how can I use it as developers device. What changes I need to do in my Nokia N9 phone to use it as developer’s device? Please help me out.

Re: How to use Nokia N9 as developer device

I think yes, you can use you your Nokia N9 as developer device. To use your phone as developer device, you will need correct software. Nokia N950 will not support this thing as comparing with the Nokia N9, Like NFS. I am thinking you will be able to side load your application to your mobile phone but it will be the worst case for you. But there is an r&d mode like Nokia N9 to provide you the proper access which you actually need o9nly with Symbian mobile.

To use your Nokia N9 as developer device, you need to plumb them all into the symbian phones. I had put money in my Nokia N950, to use same as the N9 phone. As I am getting that N950 might arrive first to give device a chance to get their Meego application ready. Again rooting your device and installing an choice of operating system. this thing only available in Nokia N950 smart phones. It might be happens that Nokia may not allow your phone to develop on a production device.

Nokia would be made to not allow you to develop on a production device.. how would you know if your apps worked and looked ok?
    If you want to use your device as developer device then you can use it but I think that N950 will came first to give devices a difference to get their Meego application ready. It might need to root your device and also need to install alternative operating system. this thing is only available in Nokia N9 phone. But keep in mind that Nokia might be not allow all application to get developed on production device.

The Nokia smart phone is totally based on the MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan, which is an existing addition to the range of powered phones from Nokia. This phone supports the Qt cross-platform application and also supports the UI framework. This phone has the good look and feel which also provides the goo UI interface. it has Qt SDK, with the help of this it provide the speed up to the UI creation. It means that you can use your Nokia N9 as developer device.