Thread: By standard desktop can a slant PC be used as a touch / pen input device

By standard desktop can a slant PC be used as a touch / pen input device

Hey friends, I had decided to get a windows 7 slate form factor tablet. I think that the slate will be useful in itself. But I would like to know that is it possible to get other use in it. I mean, when I am working with my computer at that time is it possible to use slate as a secondary display with the touch pen input. I want to know that, is anyone doing the same thing as I want? If yes then suggest me to do the same and if not then can I use it as secondary display with my desktop.

Re: By standard desktop can a slant PC be used as a touch / pen input device

Hi, I am also trying the same thing and I searched about it and find that it would take just to drive a rescued flat screen from an old laptop with a home desktop PC. I think this is possible, but most of the people don’t do this very properly. Behind this the main reason is that once you go for the needed controller board, and different small electronics which needed, you've already used up more on a 'free' flat screen than you would on a brand new display twice the size.

Hey, I will love to doing this and searching for how slate will get connected with the desktop to work as a external desktop will help you a lot. Which types of problem you are getting in it to connect the slate display with the desktop. I was on the fence about getting an new slate pen display for the connecting with the desktop as a external monitor. I think it is possible for you to connect the slate with your desktop PC.

Hey I think that this seems to involve repurposing the tablet screen as an input device for desktop and losing its free working functionality. I have done this think and do as they directed to me. When I was connecting my slate to the desktop it not needed to modify the slate. At that time I am thinking about to gain the secondary function for the better functionality in the connection. I will also recommend you to do the same thing.

I was also trying to do the same, to connect my slate to my desktop display in thought that with the help of this I can do the multiple functioning, I mean, when I am working with my computer at that time is it possible to use slate as a secondary display with the touch pen input. For that I searched on the internet and finally I found the better solution for the connection in between the slate display and desktop computer. The connection is possible with the third party software.