Thread: Can I get GPRS setting for my LG KP500?

Can I get GPRS setting for my LG KP500?

Hello, I have purchased LG KP500 phone and I want to connect to internet using it. Do I need to activate GPRS for it? How can I activate it on the phone? Please help me as I want to access internet from my mobile. And what all sites can I access from my mobile? Can I download songs and games for my cell from the net? Please mention the site from which I can get songs. Awaiting your response to help me.

Re: Can I get GPRS setting for my LG KP500?

Hey, so you want to access internet from your cell, yes it is possible to access it from the mobile. For accessing the internet you need to have GPRS or 3G in your cell phone. But activating GPRS is only possible by contacting the service provider. You haven’t mentioned what service provider you are using, mention it so that I can help you more. And regarding downloading songs just search it on google once your gprs is activated. Activating GPRS is very simple you just have to sms your service provider and they automatically activate the GPRS.

Yes, if you want to activate the setting automatically you just have to sms it to your service provider, But you can also manually set the GPRS. But there are many steps you must follow for that exactly –
    • Click ‘Settings’ and then ‘Connectivity’.
    • Then in the “access points” you have to “add profile”.
    • In the “connection title” type service provider’s name.
    • Leave the Username and Password
    • Give the IP address and proxy number according the service provider.

Ok, so I have GPRS on my cell and my service provider is BSNL. Does anyone know what message should I send to the service center? I cannot do it manually so I can only try it by messaging to activate the number. I called the call centre of BSNL and they sent me some message that BSNL GPRS setting is activated but still I cannot access the internet and the setting in the Connectivity has not changed even. Maybe I should try smsing the number, it might help. So please give me the number of the message

So finally u mentioned your service provider. If you called the call center and they sent you the setting then it must work, I don’t know what is the problem. And why are you asking the information about sms here. You could have asked at the call centre itself. Anyways since you have asked I can tell you, Simply sms GPRS to 53733 and you will receive the setting in some minutes with the option to install at the bottom. Click on install and wait for it to complete then only you can get access to internet. Hope I have helped here and you have no more problem